StromTrooper banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, can anybody tell me what is the overall width of the OEM alloy luggage on a 2019 XT / GTA? ie is it wider than the bars and bar ends ?And how easy is it to remove the panniers, I have a set being fitted next week.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Hey Neil
I am in Canada and we don't have the GTA model here but I have an XT with the OEM Panniers from Suzuki ( which are made by SW Motech btw). The width is approximately 97 cm ( 38 1/4 "). and yes they are wider than the bar ends ( even the bigger ends which are sold with the luggage set here in Canada- which I believe is the same for Europe). And they are VERY quick and easy to remove. One latch on each box and they lift right off. Very nice setup. I also sprung for the matching 37 Litre top box. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I cannot honestly say that I find much difference in wind resistance with the sides off or on. Top case is definitely no different. Maybe crosswinds mildly more noticeable with sides on??? With regard to passenger, my wife is not a rider, so no real info offer-but I did have a friend sit on and it appears the side bags do not leave much knee room for the passenger. She is rather small and though there was enough room, there is no abundance of room for a bigger passenger.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts