StromTrooper banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My local dealer on Vancouver Island in BC thinks an allocation (rationing) will be implemented. The demand is beyond expectations give the deals being signed. This may mean later delivery for those without deposits, however it's always great to have a motorcycle which is highly valued.

I spoke with the Twisted Throttle representative from home base in Rhode Island. He was at the Vancouver Motorcycle show. He said the aftermarket suppliers (mentioned Givi as an example) have had 2 1000s for study for about 6 months so the new products should be coming soon.

·
Registered
2,184 Posts
If they're in such great demand whats with the reports of people already buying them at discounts? Most dealers aren't going to discount something that's in high demand. Hard to say if he's just being a salesman or if theres any truth to it.

·
Registered
3,334 Posts
Maybe the dealers are cutting deals now to get sales. In one sense, the dealer probably doesn't care because delivery is beyond his control. If there is a shortage of bikes when they actually start showing up, there could be a lot of PO'd buyers if your dealer meant people who pre-ordered are going to have to wait a while for their bikes to show up. I believe that is when the demand will actually start (when the bikes are scarce) and then some dealers will ask closer to retail. Because right now, all you really have is an order, not necessarily a bike.

·
Registered
899 Posts
Back in 2008, I went to Orca Bay for my first test ride on the wee. At that time, the dealer said that they had an allocation of 24 wees and they were all sold by mid-summer. Of course, all that changed after 2008 and I'm glad that I waited.

I've had the same line from Holeshot about putting down a deposit on a vee2. With four color choices, I suspect that the preferred color (red) will sell out quickly. But I'm not really an early adopter. Give it a year and give them a chance to fix the bugs.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
If they're in such great demand whats with the reports of people already buying them at discounts? Most dealers aren't going to discount something that's in high demand. Hard to say if he's just being a salesman or if theres any truth to it.
I had already bought my red one the 1st week of January. Dealer said that Suzuki Canada called all dealers last week to confirm sales with deposits.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts