StromTrooper banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts
M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know there has got to be a few of you in and around the Virginia/DC Metro region, otherwise who is buying up all the DL's in this area? :?: :shock:

Anyway, I am a newbie DL rider looking for some group rides once the weather gets a little nicer. My previous rides were a 1980 Honda CM400 that I owned in college and a 1987 Honda Magna 700 that I have ridden until the strom arrived. This is the first bike that has inspired me to take rides longer than 100 miles, so I am generally new to touring. I am really looking forward to exploring all the beautiful Virginia backroads that I typically only see 50-60 miles at a time on my road bike (pedals, not pistons), as well as all those that I haven't seen yet.

Please let me know if there are others out there, otherwise I am going to have to go tag along with the local GS crowd!! :D

Thanks,
Christian

·
Registered
73 Posts
ha, the random day I happen to page down to these threads...

New DL owner out here in Columbia. I need some fun roads to ride on once it gets warm!! the traffic around here is for the shits!

·
Registered
84 Posts
Pasadena MD checkin in!

Hey Riff, I've been riding with a local SCRC chapter that meets here in Glen Burnie. I swear these guys know every back road there is. We often go "fugawi" out through the Western MD area. Weekend rides often start with breakfast at Daniel's on rte 1 in elkridge

·
Registered
73 Posts
radon_strommer said:
Pasadena MD checkin in!

Hey Riff, I've been riding with a local SCRC chapter that meets here in Glen Burnie. I swear these guys know every back road there is. We often go "fugawi" out through the Western MD area. Weekend rides often start with breakfast at Daniel's on rte 1 in elkridge
I just found the Papastco (sp?) chapter. I shall check out the Glen Burnie one too soon!! Sounds like a plan.....but as for being a "Criuser" club.....would a sportbiker fit in?

·
Registered
84 Posts
Can't speak for the Patapsco chapter....but we defintely fit in the Glen Burnie Chessy chapter.

Yes there are some cruisers, but I regularly ride with VFR's, FZ1's, SV650's, Connie's..... and to be honest there are guys who ride thier GL1800's like sportbikes!

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Mc2guy said:
I know there has got to be a few of you in and around the Virginia/DC Metro region, otherwise who is buying up all the DL's in this area? :?: :shock:

Hey all from another Pasadena, MD rider. Once this snow decides to go away and stay away we've got to ride. I can't ride fast right now (braking in the new bike), but I look forward to this summers riding.

Doug Shaffer
Pasadena,MD

·
Registered
84 Posts
strombolie said:
Mc2guy said:

Hey all from another Pasadena, MD rider. Once this snow decides to go away and stay away we've got to ride. I can't ride fast right now (braking in the new bike), but I look forward to this summers riding.

Doug Shaffer
Pasadena,MD

Hey neighbor!!!!

·
Registered
25 Posts
11 blocks east of the capitol should qualify me as "in the metro region." This will be my second season with the strom and my third overall. VA has some of the best roads in the area. They are easy to get to and just amazing to ride. Once the weather warms up a bit, count me in. I recommend an early start, because weekend traffic is just as bad as weekday traffic, just less predictable. I usually take 66 to Haymarket and just have fun for a few hours.

Ethan

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Emgold,

I think Southeast qualifies as metro as much as one could. :shock:

I actually live 2 minutes from exit 40 off 66 in Haymarket and know everything west out to Winchester fairly well. We should definitely try to hook up for a ride when the weather breaks a bit.

Christian

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hello East Coasters !

Raleigh, NC here Checking IN....

Bought my bike in Lynchburg, VA

I Love the DL !

I Try to ride on the weekends to West NC and Up to VA when Family and work permits..

Winters almost over !! :D

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
hey chris

Hey Chris,
I am gonna have a new Vstrom 05 this week...and i have just moved to Charlottesville VA...and would love to go for rides...i am not fameliar with the places u mentioned but if ur close arnd will surely join u for summer rides....
cheers
rudram

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Rudram,

I am about 1.5 hours north of you on US 29 in Haymarket, VA. I am looking to explore that area and west through the Shenendoah Valley this summer. We should meet in the middle sometime (Culpeper, Ruckersville, etc.). Let me know.

Christian

P.S. I grew up in Charlottesville, so I know Albemarle Co. fairly well.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
New Jersey Here

Just bought a new DL1000 K5 and am picking it up NEXT Saturday. LOOONNNGGGGG wait....! :x Anyone else in NJ?

Gabe

·
Registered
86 Posts
Up in Frederick

I am up in the Catoctin Mountains. I would like to see you guys up here more. I feel very lonely with all the BMW's running around. Where is Daniels on Rt one, is it near Speeds?

Thnx!

·
Registered
42 Posts
Hey Everyone....
atlast i saw two stroms together on the road...one was mine :p and another of my dear strommer friend Lesly who came all the way upto Charlottesville...we went arnd for almost an hour going thru the backroads...sure was fun....i see a lot of guys nearby within couple 100 miles radius...so why dont i get a reason to see a few more vstroms on the road.......guys come on wake up lets get going..... :D

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Hello rudramdas

I am in Raleigh.

I got another buddy on a DL 1000 here too.

I love riding in VA.. You go south = I'll go north
Meet you in the middle somewhere

Rt 15 Goes straight to Charlottesville from here if I am not mistaken..
Sometime Soon
Keep this thread alive

Chris

·
Registered
281 Posts
:) Brian Here Dl1000K4, Chesapeake Beach, Md. Ready for a sport ride out west to Va,WVa. West Md. Will meet on I66 anytime, Have lots of use or loose leave, need 24 hr. notice. Early morning Riser. Have to beet the Wilson bridge trafic coming home. If you are out this way let me know.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Riff42 Check out all around Marriottsville Road. I was just over there the other day and the curves are just right. Not to hairy and a whole lot of fun. Patapsco State park is a nice area to ride around.
Jag over in Perry Hall

·
Registered
15 Posts
An invite to ride...............

Greetings from Tucker County WVA! Still some snow on the ground. Come see for yourself, but watch for the gravel!!

1 - 20 of 46 Posts