StromTrooper banner

Alaska Trip Late-May (Rider Friend Needed)

1K views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  buellrob 
#1 ·
Hey friends! Although I am new to stromtrooper (and the Vstrom), I've been on numerous extended riding/camping trips, and looking to take the biggest one yet from Seattle TO THE NORTH! and back...

Quick backstory...Last year I planned a trip to Baja when I was living in Oakland, CA. I spent a few months preparing for the trip, getting my 2002 VFR800 in tip-top shape (#vvildcat); unfortunately, 2 days before, my riding buddy bailed on me, turning this 54-6 week trip into a solo excursion. Even more unfortunately, I hit some hot tar on a curve, slid into a guard rail just south of Pismo Beach, effectively totaling my cherished VTECH beauty, and fracturing 3 vertebrae - AND then spent 3 months recovering, thinking about my mistake and getting over the fact that my buddy (a much more conservative rider) would have helped to prevent this disaster. Over a year later, I have a newfound appreciation for my luck that day and greater respect for unforeseen road conditions! Oh yea, and a 2013 VStrom650 to help keep me honest; at least moreso than vvildcat did!

Soo, here I am planning this trip, and the same buddy called to cancel on me yet again :furious: - at least he gave me some notice this time! As I am somewhat new to Seattle, I have no rider community and hoping to find a buddy that has similar interests in going to Prudhoe Bay.

I have the framework of this trip planned out, but leaving many things intentionally UNPLANNED...leaving late May (leave by 5/27 ideally).
- 6-8 week trip duration (return mid-July)
- 250-500mi/day
- I have a list of destinations, but these are ALL based on blogs and remain flexible!

IF you are interested, or know anyone that is interested - LETS GRAB A BEER AND CHAT!!! I live in Ballard, but can certainly not limiting this invite to ONLY Seattle...

Your future riding friend,
Robert

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.