StromTrooper banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
935 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A few days ago I was trying to decide between a beadrider cover or an Alaskan leather cover. I ended up ordering the Alaskan leather cover. Shipping was super fast and the order process was nice and easy. I wish all online orders were this smooth. So I tried the seat pads out twice now. Last night I did around 40 miles of heavy stop and go city traffic. This morning I did 100 miles of twisty country roads. I gotta be honest I've noticed no difference in comfort. I still find myself trying to get comfortable after 30 minutes in the saddle. Do the seat pads break in? Do I need to do something to it? I gotta say I'm a little disappointed. I bought a pad for pillion and driver and my wife didn't notice any appreciable difference in comfort either.

Your thoughts?

Dom

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,104 Posts
The sheepskin makes a good seat with a large contact area feel like an excellent seat. I notice a difference with and without on my Sargent seat. On a narrow seat like the DL650 stocker, it won't help much.

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,104 Posts

·
Registered
532 Posts
I notice the difference after a long hours in the saddle...much more comfortable than stock seat alone. YMMV

Perhaps you are having issue with your underwear bunching or the seams causing discomfort. :yikes:

·
Premium Member
2,231 Posts
The medium fits perfectly on the Sargent. Be sure to order it with the nose strap.

·
Premium Member
2,975 Posts
For me it was the OEM seat that needed to be fixed, the Alaska Pad Just made it more compfy afterward. I still need to get of and stretch after an hour or so, But BUTT pain is gone, now I am begining to have other Old man river aches.

·
Registered
25 Posts
For just around town it's not going to make that much of a difference. On hot days where your butt pores open up, the sheepskin allows some air down there to help reduce heat build up, which helps prevent monkey butt. My wife uses it while i prefer the beadrider on mine.

·
Registered
900 Posts
Alaska pad AND gel seat

At first, I was mightily disappointed after my first couple of rides with my new gel seat and Alaska medium-pad-with-nose-strap BUT, after logging 400+ miles this past weekend, it dawned on me on the final leg home that I wasn't needing to take as many "butt" breaks as I'd been accustomed, too. Bottom line is that, for sure, the gel seat needs to be "broken in" and, I gotta believe that, my Alaska pad...or as I call it "my wooly mammoth"...makes for warmer-butt riding in New England's chillier autumn weather.

·
Registered
86 Posts
I have AL pads on my Wee (med on a Sargent seat) and my cruiser (lg on a Mustang seat) and, especially in summer, would not take a long ride without them. Don't expect them to make a bad seat feel good, rather they will make a good seat feel great. In summer they will make a hot seat feel cool.

I just this week got back from a VA to Nova Scotia ride on the Wee and I stacked the 2 pads, just because I could. 8 days and 2600 miles, never once thought about my behind (wrists, another story).

++ on the nose strap for the Wee if you like to stand up (another comfort tip - stand up now and then). AL is a great product, just remember it's not a seat but an accessory...

Ride safe - Buckee

1 - 11 of 11 Posts