1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5,444 Posts
Anybody who chooses the Alcan over the Cassiar gets what they deserve.:grin2:

·
Premium Member
4,562 Posts
Just make sure you fill up before the Cassiar at the corner and in the middle if it's open and then turn left to Hyder/ Steward.

·
Registered
5,444 Posts
Just make sure you fill up before the Cassiar at the corner and in the middle if it's open and then turn left to Hyder/ Steward.
Hey, take a chance....bears need to eat, too.:grin2:

·
Registered
2,424 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Anybody who chooses the Alcan over the Cassiar gets what they deserve.:grin2:
Yup, I agree. That is one terrific ride. Should do the Cassiar at least one way. Dease Lake is open pretty much all,the time. Another great place to stop is the Jade Shop, a out mile 100, thereabouts, from the Alaska Hwy. Very interesting place, and theynhave free coffee!!

·
Premium Member
4,169 Posts
Yup, I agree. That is one terrific ride. Should do the Cassiar at least one way. Dease Lake is open pretty much all,the time. Another great place to stop is the Jade Shop, a out mile 100, thereabouts, from the Alaska Hwy. Very interesting place, and theynhave free coffee!!
Actually Dease lake gas station has limited hours (8am to 8pm), so don't arrive there late thinking your going to fill up and keep going. :)

Hwy 37 is an excellent ride though, just be wary, if you see something black in the surface of the road, go around it, it may be one of those foot deep pot holes.

·
Premium Member
93 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,562 Posts
It was wet and kid had street tires so we did not feel like 20 miles of gravel and so foggy not likely to see it ...thank for pics

Food in the Hotel in Stewart was decent.

the glacier on the road into Stewart off the Cassiar is decent.

·
Premium Member
93 Posts
My Wife and I stayed at the King Edward Hotel in 2015. In 2013 my brother and I were on Honda VTX 1300's. We thought of riding up to the Salomon Glaciers but when we saw to guys on KLR650's that we meant earlier in the day turn around because the road was so dusty we bailed on that idea. Drove a Honda Element up there the second time to Hyder AK.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts