StromTrooper banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So just a few more weeks before I leave and I think I'm ready.
I've put new tires, chain, front and rear sprockets, spark plugs, brakes, air filter, and changed the oil.
Did I miss anything?
Work has known about the trip for months now so I put in for my vacation. That's when my boss told me that 3 weeks paid vacation is fine, the other 3 weeks of non paid leave will have to be approved by the President of the company. Nice time to drop the news. But I feel confident it will all work out okay.
The Tie Me Lose Adventures

·
Registered
808 Posts
Tie Me Loose? :)

Sounds like you've got the bike prep down. I've done pretty much the same. We went for a 3 day camping weekend a week ago as a shakedown trip for AK. Leaving June 17. Keep an eye out for my bike, silver Wee with CA plates # AK BIKE. I'll probably be headed south when you're headed north.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Tie me lose is a long story. I'm not leaving until July 10th so maybe I'll see you as you pass me on your way home. My bike is bright red, so it's hard to miss.
Good luck on your trip.

·
Registered
55 Posts
How did the trip go? I am planning the same in the early spring of 12 from Daytona.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Captain Zeek ok?

Captain Zeek, Are you ok? A few of us have been wondering if you made it back from Alaska ok? Have not heard anything from you. Let us know.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hey Guys,
I did make it back, there and back. The trip was awesome. 11,410 miles. I've been very busy and haven't had a chance to get back here. Sorry to say I haven't had a chance to write a ride report or anything, but you can go to my blog that I did while I was riding and read it backwards. By the way please forgive the spelling, and words that just don't make any sense. Writing a blog on a thing not much bigger than cell phone turns out to be harder than it looks. Lol
The Tie Me Loose Adventures

1 - 7 of 7 Posts