StromTrooper banner

Alaska bound, am i ready?

1398 Views 6 Replies 5 Participants Last post by  wegrantjr
So just a few more weeks before I leave and I think I'm ready.
I've put new tires, chain, front and rear sprockets, spark plugs, brakes, air filter, and changed the oil.
Did I miss anything?
Work has known about the trip for months now so I put in for my vacation. That's when my boss told me that 3 weeks paid vacation is fine, the other 3 weeks of non paid leave will have to be approved by the President of the company. Nice time to drop the news. But I feel confident it will all work out okay.
The Tie Me Lose Adventures
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
816 Posts
Tie Me Loose? :)

Sounds like you've got the bike prep down. I've done pretty much the same. We went for a 3 day camping weekend a week ago as a shakedown trip for AK. Leaving June 17. Keep an eye out for my bike, silver Wee with CA plates # AK BIKE. I'll probably be headed south when you're headed north.

· Registered
55 Posts
How did the trip go? I am planning the same in the early spring of 12 from Daytona.

· Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hey Guys,
I did make it back, there and back. The trip was awesome. 11,410 miles. I've been very busy and haven't had a chance to get back here. Sorry to say I haven't had a chance to write a ride report or anything, but you can go to my blog that I did while I was riding and read it backwards. By the way please forgive the spelling, and words that just don't make any sense. Writing a blog on a thing not much bigger than cell phone turns out to be harder than it looks. Lol
The Tie Me Loose Adventures

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.