StromTrooper banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, Im Matt from Leeds, AL. I ride a 2007 Strom 650. Looking to ride and camp.

-Matt

·
Registered
66 Posts
Alabama Riders

Hi Matt I am Jim from Tallassee 650 DL as well. Like to ride when the weather is good but Holiday Inn Express is my idea of camping!:mrgreen:

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
Tombstone from Montgomery. Up towards B-Ham, 29 Dreams has good camping. Down here, we go to Indian Hills; Montgomery's answer to 29 Dreams.

·
Registered
414 Posts
I'm Jim, from wetumpka just outside montgomery.2003V,wife rides A 2007 wee.I am retired and A little long in the tooth for sleeping outside but I do have A 5th wheel toyhauler which is about as close as I have gotten to camping. BY the way indian hills is not to bad, not 29 dreams of course but not bad.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hi, I'm Rodney from Luverne, Just south of Montgomery. I like to ride and am looking for some longer trips to do this summer.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
im going. not sure if im riding up on friday or saturday yet. right now it looks like im riding up on saturday, camping the night, then riding back home on sunday. hope that changes and im able to ride up on friday, and camp fri and sat night.

-matt

·
Registered
15 Posts
Mark from Muscle Shoals. 09 Silver Wee with all the needed farkles. Work in Huntsville and ride the Trace and local back roads.

·
Premium Member
2,885 Posts
Mark444 in B'ham..........

Keep this thread alive..........maybe get a mini-Bamer-rally together this Fall when the temps drop...........Cheaha?? DeSoto?? Talla-digger National Forest?? Bucks Pocket?? Guntersville?? 29Dreams is just that.........someone's lost dream now.......closed a few months ago.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Mike in Montgomery. Got an 03 DL1000 with a clutch basket chudder. Any of you guys attempted the clutch basket replacement? I sure cold use getting a local guidance.

·
Registered
469 Posts
Just checking in from all the way up in the NE corner -- Flat Rock
LJ :nerd:

·
Registered
19 Posts
Doesn't seem like this thread get much traffic but I live in Birmingham the 280 area. I have a 2005 VEE always looking for people to ride with, go exploring or camping.

·
Registered
813 Posts
@Rakhan

I'm in Madison county, an hour and a half N of you. Let me know if you would like to do a Saturday ride.

·
Registered
813 Posts
Anyone up for an exploratory ride in and around Talladega this Saturday? I'm thinking anywhere between Heflin and Sylacauga; pavement and fire roads (no single track).

·
Registered
813 Posts
Spent some time on the gravel in Wheeler Wildlife Refuge this weekend, and took HWY 33 through Bankhead Nat'l Forest. It's not the "Tail of the Dragon", but there are ~10 miles of curves. It was a hot, but nice ride.

There is a Mennonite restaurant (think home cooking) in Danville that is only open Thursday through Saturday, so it would be a nice place to eat after a Saturday ride. [oldcookstove.com] I'll be heading back down this Saturday, so if you're in Alabama and want to ride fire roads in Bankhead, respond to this thread.

73s.

·
Registered
813 Posts
1 - 20 of 32 Posts