StromTrooper banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
No longer riding.
1,520 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been talking to Bobby Sands and he will be unable to make the Big B tech day. I have offered to help him on the 12th. This is one week later then B's. If anyone else is interested, all are welcome to attend.

·
Registered
1,820 Posts
Pretty sure I'll make it!

·
Registered
334 Posts
that's the spirit! i'm certainly in need of a TBS and i'd like to install a couple of power outlets for the IPod and the radar detector. i don't know what else, if anything, i'll have to do. i'm sure i'll think of something. be nice to meet you all to be sure.

oh, i seem to still have that coolant leak. dammit, it's so small that i can't see any liquid (unless i'm not looking in the right spots-- never had a water-cooled bike before) but i can, at times, smell it. i tightened up every clamp i could get to-- we'll see if i got it.

Bobby.

·
Registered
334 Posts
are we still on for the tech day? we could push it back or reschedule it if needed. just let me know what you think-- i'm easy.

Bobby

·
No longer riding.
1,520 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Still on!

I am still OK with it. The weather looks like it will be a lot better then Big B's tech day was. Do you have an idea of a time when you will arrive?
My address is:
Ken Novak
2541 Edgebrook Ave.
Akron, Ohio 44312
H-330-481-3133
C-216-210-4160

I am about 3 minutes from interstate 76. It is actually right behind the house on the other side of the creek.

Do you want me to pick up the stuff for the extension tubes?

Let me know Bobby what you want to do.
Ken

·
Registered
334 Posts
i can still be there saturday morning sometime. i think akron is about 3 hours from me. what time is good? 9 am? 10 am? 8 (gulp) am?

man, i would be really grateful if you could pick up the gear for the extensions on the tbs. i don't have a clue. of course i'll settle up with you when i arrive.

i'm trying to get a powerlet or two as well, but as i at mum's in wisconsin, i don't know how well that will work, but the real reason to come is to meet other strom-type people and do a tbs and see how far off my ride is compared to another. i think the chudder my bike exhibits is hair-raising.

·
No longer riding.
1,520 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
No problem, I will have the stuff here for the extension tubes. As far as time, that is up to you. You are the one traveling to get here. I should be up by 5:00 or so and head to the garage about 8:00 to get things ready and moved around. (I have a small garage that is full of projects). If you want to say around 10:00, that's fine. Or 9:00ish, whatever works.

·
Registered
1,820 Posts
Is this Saturday? If so I think I have to bail, my fiancee graduates from CSU that day.

·
Registered
334 Posts
okay, that's great. i should be there between 9 and 10 am, no prob.

Buckeye, your girl graduates on saturday-- so bring her along. what could be a better graduation gift than a throttle body sync on a strom? i'd consider it an honor to provide the bike.

(this is really because i'm from michigan, isn't it?)

·
No longer riding.
1,520 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Sounds good Bobby. I have the stuff ready. It is a shame you are going to ride 6 hours for a 15 minute poject. But, any reason to ride works. Also I have extra tube to make the sink guage if you want it.

Mz, sorry to hear your tied up.

Anyone else that wants to stop by, please feel free.

·
Premium Member
4,255 Posts
Man I wish I had the day free and I'd stop up and say hello.

·
No longer riding.
1,520 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Man I wish I had the day free and I'd stop up and say hello.
I heard about you and your diapers. The ones you use to clean the bike:mrgreen: . It will be a nice day and no rain!! Oh well, see you on the road some where!! It was a pleasure meeting you at Big "B's".

·
Registered
1,820 Posts
Yeah that really was a great meet. Damn shame about the rain. Lemme check and see what time the graduation shin-dig kicks off, maybe I can ride beforehand and split off to the ceremony, you guys are planning on riding somewhere after the sync right?

·
Premium Member
4,255 Posts
Eh, you just don't want to get your bike dirty. ;) :)
I know. I really have to get over the clean bike thing. It's just that she looks so pretty when she's clean and shiny.

·
Administrator
16,957 Posts
Dirty girls are the most fun!!!!!;) I will "for sure" meet you guys up north some weekend, you can bet on it.

·
No longer riding.
1,520 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Yeah that really was a great meet. Damn shame about the rain. Lemme check and see what time the graduation shin-dig kicks off, maybe I can ride beforehand and split off to the ceremony, you guys are planning on riding somewhere after the sync right?
I would guess so. I don't know how BobbySands is going to feel after a 3 hour ride in. I would think that after working on the bikes and lunch, I could talk him into it. I'm going to look at a map and see if I can find somewhere that is back tward the direction he will need to go. Maybe like Lorain, Amherst area. That was a nice ride we did after breakfast the other day. See what happens.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts