StromTrooper banner

1 - 20 of 294 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For any who are interested.
Akrapovic just fitted to the 2 wheeled wonder.

Issues Good -
Fitment was easy, follow the instructions. (You may need to adjust any Engine Guards or Center Stands).
Instructions use the older model however it wasn't an issue.
Looks great, (a personal opinion). May look a little ... industrial for some.
Sounds great, (a personal opinion). Baffle in slightly louder than standard.
Baffle out, sounds the way a V2 should.

Issues Bad -
O2 sensor adapter required for my bike, (on order). (Australian bikes have a 12mm thread sensor, Aky exhaust has an 18mm thread). Probably not an issue for most of the USA.
Except maybe California ???
Not homologated. I think my Saturday morning lawn mowing session offends more people than the bike will ever do.

Thanks to Blair at SV racing. (And the Australian dollar).
VEE02

Attachments

·
Registered
115 Posts
Now that is Purdy. :punk:

So no issues on clearance around the rear of the skidplate mount?
Could you post a closeup pic when you get a chance of how it all fits under the rear skidplate mount? I have one of Yanns plates and was wondering if it would fit.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Update

No issues with clearance on my bike, (Aky exhaust uses the standard front cylinder header pipe), SW Motech Engine Guard, (trimmed to allow the OEM center stand to work).
VEE02

Attachments

·
Premium Member
378 Posts
Good to know the Akra fits the new wee ok. I bought one for my 09 and absolutely love it and will move it over to a new wee when the time comes. I really like the white, very sharp. If Suzuki sells a white or flat black again I'll probably have to bite.

Enjoy

·
Registered
115 Posts
No issues with clearance on my bike, (Aky exhaust uses the standard front cylinder header pipe), SW Motech Engine Guard, (trimmed to allow the OEM center stand to work).
VEE02
Thanks for the pics VEE02, and to be clear, this is the exact same Akra that fits the pre 2012 bikes too?
Again, congrats, I bet it sounds great and sheds pounds.
But, Crap, this makes me wanna spend more money !!

·
Registered
105 Posts
Looks very nice. Thanks for sharing, I'm strongly considering one in the not to distant future. Let us know how the bike runs with it on.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Answers

Akrapovic web site has a lot of info, pdf file instructions etc.
No cat. converter. (Just a SMILE DIAL).
VEE02

·
Registered
176 Posts
Vee02
Did you use a power commander or just bolt it on and ride? If you just put it on did you notice any positive or negative effects on the engine performance? I really want the akra just trying to decide if a power commander is needed.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Power commander ???

On the 2012 with an Akrapovic.
Do I have a Power Commander, at the moment no.
Is one available, apparently yes, fully mapped from SV racing.
Will I need one, well passed experience on a few bikes says yes.
Actually I haven't had a chance to ride the bike with the pipe as yet.
(Have it mounted on the wall as you do with all great works of art...):biggrinjester:
Just a little joke... waiting on the adapter for the O2 sensor, may have to resort to a little exhaust putty or similar to get the wheels in motion.
VEE02

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
25 k Ride update

As stated, was waiting on an O2 sensor adapter to complete the package.
Item arrived ( DIF 10083 O2 Oxygen Sensor Adapter M18 x 1.5mm to M12 x 1.25mm ).
Went for a short 25 k (15 mile) ride and have to report all is good.
Sound is I think as good as you can get (baffle removed) from a relative high revving V2.
Surprisingly no pop on deceleration.
Have included pictures of the install parts.
So was it worth the $875 Australian dollars.
Well it is a bit like Skydiving, you do it because you want to, not because you have to.
Very happy, VEE02

Attachments

·
Registered
48 Posts
Does the carbon or titanium Akro run cooler? Thinking which would be most suitable for soft bags on frames?

Also spoke to Blair at SV Racing, doesn't appear he supplies the converter for the 02 sensor from our initial discussion? If not, where did you source from please?

Looks great.....pick up my 2012 tomorrow here in WA and this will be the first thing going on it.

·
Vendor
5,011 Posts
Does the carbon or titanium Akro run cooler? Thinking which would be most suitable for soft bags on frames?

Also spoke to Blair at SV Racing, doesn't appear he supplies the converter for the 02 sensor from our initial discussion? If not, where did you source from please?

Looks great.....pick up my 2012 tomorrow here in WA and this will be the first thing going on it.
:) I have both the Akrapovic in Carbon and in Titanium in stock and ready to ship,

I also now have the bung and converter kits for the O2 Sensor for US and Australian bikes available,

Email me Directly at [email protected] for Akrapovic,

Definite fit on the DL650 2012 models,

Enjoy the ride, and best regards,
Blair

·
Registered
115 Posts
Well thanks alot VEE02 for posting this. Everything was fine in my world until I saw the pic of it on your bike. And I began trying to justify it to myself everyday since. Guess who just ordered a titanium one from SV Racing......:drool5:

Damn this farkling stuff is more contagious than the swine flu

Big Ups to Blair for the quick emails, info and putting this all together on a friday night.

·
Registered
2,246 Posts
This would be my #1 mod, then PC 5, then the cam swap. I like the Ti better than the carbon one fer sure. :thumbup:

You can't bring your money with you when you die, might as well spend it now I say...:mrgreen:

Make sure you post pictures of the Ti Trail when you get it on! Let us know how long it takes to ship it too.

·
Vendor
5,011 Posts
:) Shipping is the fast part, I have the Akrapovic Exhausts in stock and ready to ship so they can go out to you immediately when you are in the USA,

Justin is in Nova Scotia, on the east coast of Canada, so shipping is not quite as straightforward, It has to be imported into Canada and then re-shipped.

The good news is that it is the best system I have seen anyone bring our for our bikes in terms of performance as well as mounting the Center Stands and Skid Plates,

Enjoy the ride, and best regards,
Blair

·
Registered
115 Posts
Make sure you post pictures of the Ti Trail when you get it on! Let us know how long it takes to ship it too.
Will do.

I ordered one for my bike and my friend Justin (who Blair mentioned) has one coming for his black G-Strom too, should be able to put up some pics and comments on the install soon. Even though we are on the East Coast of Canada, Blair has sent parts to Justin before and he's gotten them very quickly.

I like the Ti better than the carbon one fer sure.
I think the carbon looks sweet too. We were hoping to get one carbon (for the black bike) and one titanium but the carbon was all sold out for now.

1 - 20 of 294 Posts