StromTrooper banner

1 - 20 of 93 Posts

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Akrapovič refers to their exhaust for 2004-2011 Suzuki V-Strom 650 models as a “slip-on” exhaust when, in fact, it’s more like a three-quarter system. That’s because this exhaust bolts up directly behind the primary headers of the DL650’s engine, cutting almost 12lbs of weight in the process and freeing up exhaust gas flow that, with a proper tune, will help yield better throttle response and improved engine output. And of course, your Suzuki will sound fantastic with an engine that breathes through a pipe made with no homologation constraints!

Choose between carbon fiber or titanium muffler sleeves.

Akrapovič exhausts have always been at the top of our list for exhaust systems. Call Mike at 866.931.6644 x 804 to order this slip-on for your Suzuki V-STROM 650. You can also email us, send those to FORUM at RIDERSDISCOUNT dot COM with AKRAPOVIC DL650 EXHAUST in the subject line and we’ll get back to you right away.

Everything you need to completely install this exhaust on your DL650 is included in the box. Instructions are clear with photographs. The directions even provide a complete list of the tools you’ll need for the job.

The DL650 muffler from Akrapovič is covered with a titanium sleeve that is finished at one end with a beautiful carbon fiber end cap that’s molded in-house at Akrapovič’s Slovenian factory. Best of all, no matter if you choose a titanium or carbon fiber outer sleeve – all internal metal components are fabricated from the titanium, right down to the perforated baffle.

Superior craftsmanship is a hallmark of Akrapovič exhausts. Welds, whether done by hand or machine - are flawless. A removable sound-deadening exhaust plug comes with the exhaust so you can attenuate sound output if you desire.

Each section of stainless steel tubing fits together tightly to eliminate the possibility of exhaust gases escaping. There’s also a bung for attaching a lambda sensor. The CNC-mandrel bent tubes ensure that the exhaust will fit perfectly on the V-STROM.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Thats an amazing looking system:yesnod:

·
$Whatever$
1,598 Posts
Damm, that right there is a piece of art..........

·
Registered
183 Posts
I just installed this on my Wee yesterday, and I can confirm it looks fantastic, and sounds even better, I could not be happier.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I just got one in carbon fiber last Saturday. Installed in about 45 min. Great directions. It looks really good on the bike. It does sound good, not loud at all, beefier. It makes the bike sound the way it was meant to sound. The weight loss is significant, too. And my wallet and sweat are telling my brain that there's a noticable power gain!
Does anyone know if I'm gonna need to get a Power Commander, or just let it ride? I do have a K&N filter in it, also.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I just got one in carbon fiber last Saturday. Installed in about 45 min. Great directions. It looks really good on the bike. It does sound good, not loud at all, beefier. It makes the bike sound the way it was meant to sound. The weight loss is significant, too. And my wallet and sweat are telling my brain that there's a noticable power gain!
Does anyone know if I'm gonna need to get a Power Commander, or just let it ride? I do have a K&N filter in it, also.
Post a pic!

Sent from my Motorcycle iPhone app

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
PM sent, thanks for uploading pictures as well. Fuel management system is always a good idea. Shoot me a PM if you need anything!

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
Power Commander V

For those of you concerned about fueling, you can get a Power Commander V for $265.00 when you purchase it with this exhaust!

If you already have an exhaust and just need a PC-V, we'll let them go to Stromtropper.com members for $279.00 shipped to any address in the lower 48 states.

1 - 20 of 93 Posts