StromTrooper banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,981 Posts
Hey Babooka,

I just picked up an Airman at Canadian Tire a couple of days ago. Our store had a bushel of them for $6.79. Regular price was around $20.00 if memory serves me correct. Likely a nationwide price. It looks the same as the on in the Twisted Throttle ad but the differences are as follows:

Model No. C60A as opposed to MXP-211 (TT ad).
10' power cord as opposed to 11'5" cord in ad.
No on / off switch in the power cord of the CT model.
CT model is black as opposed to blue.
The on / ff switch in the CT model is on the top of the unit beside the guage.

It is however made by Airman and I would be willing to bet that it has the same guts as the one in the ad. It could be a model produced for CT. Tried it and it pumps like a good thing.

A smokin price. I'll pick up another one tomorrow.

·
Premium Member
4,406 Posts
I bought one of those air pumps on sale at CTC too...and I've had the opportunity to use it. :cry:

The pump worked great, my new tire was pretty expensive though. I have mine wrapped in that dense shipping foam and then in a large zip lock bag. You can stuff it way in the back of the underseat storage, near the tail light.

·
Premium Member
610 Posts
Having seen those ultra-cheap Airman's at our Crappy Tire for $6.97 I immediately became suspicious of their quality (i.e. are they the "Job-Mate" of air compressors?). :?

Don't get me wrong, I love CTC as much as any red-blooded Canadian but I've had my fill of cheap junk from there. :x

There's a cool alternative to the Airman; the new "Slime" mini-compressor at amotostuff.com. It has alligator clips as well as a cig.-lighter plug. I can't vouch for whether or not it actually works any better than the $6.97 Airman cheapo but the alligator clips would sure be handy for my bikes (I intend to get a Powerlet outlet for the Wee but I would still need alligators for use with my XR). Here's a link:

http://www.amotostuff.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=85-2037&Category_Code=tire-repair

Oh yeah, I saw Mobil-1 MX4T 10w-40 on sale at CTC for something like $9.99/litre; I think that's about $3 off. Check your local store. My Wee is due for a transfusion in a month or two so I stocked up. :)

- Martin

·
Registered
180 Posts
I have the airman mini pump from CTC.

It is stored under my seat, in the tail section. I keep a digital tire pressure gauge there too. Works good in an emergency or just tob top up air while on a trip.

Comes with the 12V adapter and I already had the 12V socket wired in under my seat. Great when in a jam. $9.99, who cares if it only works once.

I also keep a tire plug kit under there.

V.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hm.. It was on special here too. $6.79.
May be when they'll run out out of stock, they'll replace it with the sparrow? :)

I think sparrow is completely made-up brand name, I assume this is the manufacturer, does not have any mention of that:
http://www.airman.dk

·
Premium Member
610 Posts
Martin said:
Oh yeah, I saw Mobil-1 MX4T 10w-40 on sale at CTC for something like $9.99/litre; I think that's about $3 off. Check your local store. My Wee is due for a transfusion in a month or two so I stocked up. :)

- Martin
Guess I'm talkin' to myself here... Anyway, I was in a CTC store in Toronto today (the one off Laird St. in the Leaside) and the Mobil-1 MX4T 10w-40 was actually $9.69.

- Martin

1 - 8 of 8 Posts