StromTrooper banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,168 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Folks,

I already own an AirHawk pad from my previous bike, the "medium cruiser".

(website home for the AirHawk seat pads)
http://www.shapefitting.com/category.aspx?categoryID=54

Which model of AirHawk are you using, and how is it fitting for you?

My medium cruiser seems to be okay, but I think it's natural shape is better suited to a seat shape that is not quite so dished as the VStrom is. I'm wonder if the "cruiser pillion" pad, and running it lengthwise left to right across the seat of the Strom, might be a bit better. Then the pad is completely under by butt, and the front area of my lap is up off the seat. The cruiser model seems to have some extra length on the V's seat that comes right up the front between my thighs... if you know what I mean. Pillion pad running side to side might eliminate that.

All experiences are welcome.

I need to use it because it's gonna be a while before I can up the seating to a Sargent or similar.

(I thought I already posted about this, but maybe not. Been a hell of a week... glad it's the weekend so I can rest my brain.)

Thanks,
Steve.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I use a small cruiser on my Strom and it fits good. I've noticed that because of the shape of the seat I have to use a little more air than on my previous three GSs. It took a little trial-and-error to figure this out. I put a sheepskin over mine and can go all day.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Pillion Seats

Sorry for resurrecting an old thread, but after much searching, I thought this would be the best place to ask.

I have an '09 DL650, and I currently have a small Airhawk Cruiser for myself. I haven't had it for very long, so I haven't fully gotten used to it, but I like it so far.

I do a lot of two-up riding with my wife on the back. She really wants an Airhawk for herself, especially since I think she gets num-bum faster than I do. So has anyone bought an Airhawk for their passenger, and which size works best?

Thanks

1 - 3 of 3 Posts