StromTrooper banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone done any airbox mods to their 'Stroms? I have a K&N filter and want to do something to help it breath a bit better when I install the filter. I've done airbox mods to many of my previous bikes with excellent results. I'll probably remove the snorkle and maybe drill a few holes in the top of the box, but would like an opinion from somebody who has done this about what they would do and would not do. Was it worth it?

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
air box

I would not mess with the airbox unless your planning to remap it.
To do it right, you should install K&N, set of aftermarket canisters,and a power commander. Then you take it to a knowlageable touner and have him toune it on a dyno. During dyno touneing he will decide if more holes are needed for biger air flow in the box. With this you should get about 100hp at back wheel and a very responsive and crisp throttle and most important a considerable gain in botom and midrange :lol: .
One of the nicest things you can do to this bike is add 2 toth biger rear sprocket.

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
air box

I would not mess with the airbox unless your planning to remap it.
To do it right, you should install K&N, set of aftermarket canisters,and a power commander. Then you take it to a knowlageable touner and have him toune it on a dyno. During dyno touneing he will decide if more holes are needed for biger air flow in the box. With this you should get about 100hp at back wheel and a very responsive and crisp throttle and most important a considerable gain in botom and midrange :lol: .
One of the nicest things you can do to this bike is add 2 toth biger rear sprocket.

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have a Power Commander and a set of Remus Grnad Prix cans and am going to have it dyno tuned, so the air box mods should help make a difference.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Installed the K&N filter this afternoon. I bit of a pain to get the tank off. The only mods I ended up doing was to re-form the snorkle a bit (I cut the dividers out and smoothed the entrance). It seems to be big enough to allow for good breathing and I didn't want to drill holes in the lid because of it's location and the threat of water/mud/dirt accumulation. Now all I need is for the weather to warm up and snow to melt so I can go for a test ride. Winter sucks!

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
O.K., much better! Now I'm logged in. Showed up as a guest when I posted. :lol:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts