StromTrooper banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I saw a air horn on riderswearhouse.com called the Ear Cannon Air Horn. They charge $37 for the horn and $12 for the wiring adapter. Anybody here installed one of these on their strom? I live in Austin Texas and the drivers here run over you first and then look.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Do a search on "strebel." You'll find LOTS of people are using air horns and there are several threads showing exactly how to install the horns. The $39 strebel rip-off that Harbor Freight sells works just fine. You really don't need a $12 wiring harness if you have some extra wire and spade crimp connectors laying around.

·
Registered
578 Posts
Air horn-

Search "stebel" and you'll get even more results. ;)

I've got the one from Harbor Freight (the Wolo Bad Boy) mounted under my right faring and it's pretty impressive sounding. I've seen a lot of the Harley guys with them mounted under chrome covers. They're pretty popular. There's a wiring harness from easternbeaver.com made specifically for the v-strom, and while it's a little more than 12 bucks, it's worth it to have something custom fit. It also comes with a better relay to replace the super cheap one that comes with the horn.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

I've got the one from Harbor Freight (the Wolo Bad Boy) mounted under my right faring and it's pretty impressive sounding. I've seen a lot of the Harley guys with them mounted under chrome covers. They're pretty popular. There's a wiring harness from easternbeaver.com made specifically for the v-strom, and while it's a little more than 12 bucks, it's worth it to have something custom fit. It also comes with a better relay to replace the super cheap one that comes with the horn.
Was it hard to mount the air horn in place of the stock horn or did you have to modify the mounting. Was the harness from easternbeaver difficult to install or did you have to remove body panels? Last but not least, does the WOLO bad boy air horn catch idiot drivers attention?

·
Registered
249 Posts
Oooppps! My bad!

The Harbor Freight horn will stop an antelope at 100 yards and will get the attention of any texting teenager driving mom's grocery getter. They're even louder than a 4-door import wing equipped low rider with a fart can... seriously... they're loud.

·
Premium Member
1,048 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
I had not ridden much this year, and didn't use the horn at all. Then when I went to show someone how loud the horn was, it only worked a little bit...only one note!! I hit the button a few more times..for just 2 seconds each, and felt pretty embarrassed. I was not in a place where I should be blasting a horn anyway.

So once out on the road with no one around, I held down the horn button for about 3-4 seconds and all came back to life!! It worked fine the rest of the ride. So exercise that horn every once in a while or it may not be there when you need it!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts