StromTrooper banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Saw this on another site, and it's incredibly interesting as far as travel planning goes. Air Canada's apparently not just shipping bikes simply, they're actually promoting that they do it. And the prices look pretty decent. From the sounds of it, you bring the bike to the cargo handler, drop it off, and they do the rest until you have to clear customs (if you're going abroad, anyhow.)

The costs to ship to some of the mentioned destinations seem pretty amazing. I'm thinking of shipping my bike out to Vancouver next year, taking the train to meet it, and then riding back.

Air Canada's new motorcycle cargo options - Canada Moto Guide

·
Administrator
13,821 Posts
MACDOC has recently sent his Strom and his son's bike to BC using the service. You might want to look up his posts to see his experience. (I think generally positive.)

..Tom

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The drag for the plan I'm working with is that we're not planning to fly on this particular trip, rather to take the train.

My usual riding partner/travel companion and I are looking at Europe too, flying into Munich and out of London, in 2017 - that should be neat though we have to sort out the customs/licensing stuff.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts