StromTrooper banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today I finally got some time to do this mod. I did this last summer to my SV 1000. Not my idea. A fluid dynamics engineer designed them on the SV 1000 portal. This flattens the torque curve and adds 3-6 ft. lbs. Large gains in the low to mid range. This is better than just removing the STV's because it atomizes the fuel better. Worked great on my SV. Will test ride tomorrow and give my impressions.

Attachments

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Rode about 70 miles tonight and the bike is way smoother. Seems to have more low end. I put the snorkel back in when I had the the lid off because it was too loud. I think it would be stronger with the snorkel out. Want to find a way to get more air without the noise.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It runs very strong. I also went to one muffler (SV1K) and it runs as good or better. Built a different mid pipe. Lost 20lbs!

·
Premium Member
1,981 Posts
This would seem to make more sense than removing the valves altogether. It is my understanding that the STV's are there to improve fuel atomization under certain cnditions, so removing them may ultimately be detrimental. This mod looks as it may shake up the airflow even more, possibly improving atomization.

I'll leave this one to the serious tinkerers amongst us.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts