StromTrooper banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On page 2-6 in the DL650 Service Manual it says to remove the drain plug to get rid of any water. The picture of it looks like it is accessible without taking the bike apart. Appears to be on the right side next to the rectifyier. I can't find it on mine.
Know anything about this?

·
Registered
41 Posts
cyclerama2000 said:
On page 2-6 in the DL650 Service Manual it says to remove the drain plug to get rid of any water. The picture of it looks like it is accessible without taking the bike apart. Appears to be on the right side next to the rectifyier. I can't find it on mine.
Know anything about this?
I don't think you can get to the drain plug wihout removing the fuel tank. Page 2-5 referes to removing the fuel tank before servicing the air filter.

Even when you raise the fuel tank on the fuel tank prop stay (pg 4-51) I don't think you could get to the air filter drain plug. Maybe if you lifted the fuel tank higher you could get to it, but you would still need to remove the fairing bolts to lift the tank.

location of drain plug

not much help :oops:

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That was very helpful because it will save me ripping up my hands searching for it with the bike completely assembled.

Is your bike a 650? If not, maybe the 1000 has it on the oppostie side. :?:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts