StromTrooper banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering has anyone toyed with opening/chopping up the air filter box to get some more 02 in?

·
Registered
248 Posts
Only air box mod I have done is add a bit of fly screen mesh to keep out bigger objects. The opening is in a tight area, how would you make it larger?

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,048 Posts
People love to drill holes in the thing and swear they got a power increase. All they got was a noise increase. They think more noise means more power. Often, they've screwed up the nicely tuned intake flow and took a small power hit.

·
Banned
1,121 Posts
Just wondering has anyone toyed with opening/chopping up the air filter box to get some more 02 in?
Just fit a K&N. All the benefits and no need to rejet/map. :yesnod:

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Z- do you think the K&N makes a difference.

TIMR - by chopping a big hole in the removable top cover.

·
Registered
56 Posts
K&N has improved every vehicle I put one in!! More air and you dont have to throw it away, just clean it.

·
Registered
248 Posts
I guessed that's what you meant. I've got the k&n air filter on with pcIII & two bros pipes & it goes just fine without any box mod. The air is rammed in at speed I guess so no need to create any more holes. If you did make holes, where would the air draw come from as its pretty tight between the tank. I understand what you are after, but other than adding a snorkel type ram, I can't see how you could do it with the lack of space.

·
Banned
1,121 Posts
Z- do you think the K&N makes a difference.
Absolutely, in this bike and every vehicle I own/have owned :thumbup:

I'm not going to talk crap and say it gives "heaps extra horsepower" etc.. But it improves throttle response, cleaner revving and the bike feels less "asthmatic"

The other good thing is it never gets thrown away, just cleaned and reused when/if needed.

·
Registered
323 Posts
A lot more air carrying with it a lot more dirt ,look at the holes in those things ,man their massive .... Don`t do it ...:jawdrop:

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
P38 Arover

Because I am Australian, it is the only section I read, I like to deal with, talk to and develop friendships with people in my own land , and because no-one got hurt by me posting it on the Oz section.

To those who answered who are not as highly strung and go waaa at stupid things, thank you. I hope you weren't hurt.

Fester

1 - 12 of 12 Posts