StromTrooper banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just replaced the rear tire on the Wee, and what a difference in handling! Light, quick, predictable, etc.. New tires on a bike are always a real treat.

I am sure it is mostly tire profile related rather than brand, as the tire tends to square up somewhat over time in spite of my best efforts. This happens so slow you don't really notice it, then when the tires are changed, whoa! I wish there was a (cheap) service to re-profile the tire periodically.

·
Registered
544 Posts
Same here! I just got a Metzeler Tourance and the bike seems taller and faster. The old Dunlop was getting bald with about 13,000 miles on it.

·
Registered
986 Posts
I put on a pair of Kenda Cruiser tires (bias ply, $100 the pair, shipped) and as you noted, the handling became light and crisp, the bike felt new again.

·
Registered
2,514 Posts
tire changes

i was quite shocked when i was reading the manual and it says to jack the bike under the exhaust pipe to change a front wheel . i didnt realise the pipes were that strong

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
i was quite shocked when i was reading the manual and it says to jack the bike under the exhaust pipe to change a front wheel . i didnt realise the pipes were that strong
With the bike on the centerstand, I used plastic "Lego Blocks" (for RV's) and some scrap wood under the case to hold up the front. I didn't catch the Exhaust reference. . .

1 - 8 of 8 Posts