StromTrooper banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
833 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Since today, a pub (edited: an advertising) is hiding the control for pages on upper right. (See picture)

Does someone else experience this problem?

Is it a tactic to get more membership fees? ( Assuming that paying members dont see theses pubs, maybe i'm wrong...)

[/URL][/IMG]

·
Registered
7,437 Posts
Load Ghostery. Ghostery

It will block the advertisers.

·
Registered
833 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ok, I'll bite, what's a pub? Is this a Canadian thing?
I meant advertising. Not a Canadian thing, just my bad english, pub = publicity, wich i thought was english for "publicité" word in french.

Maybe that's why so far nobody really answered to my question wich was does someone else have the same problem.

·
Registered
2,019 Posts
I meant advertising. Not a Canadian thing, just my bad english, pub = publicity, wich i thought was english for "publicité" word in french.

Maybe that's why so far nobody really answered to my question wich was does someone else have the same problem.
Makes sense. I was worried you Canadians referred to unwanted advertising as that patch of curly hair mid body

·
Premium Member
4,160 Posts
Thanks, i tried it, but I still see theses advertisings.
Then you did it wrong. :biggrinjester:

What browser are you using? In IE or Firefox, you'll see the little ghost in the upper right hand corner area. If it's not there, then ghostery is not installed or active.

·
Registered
231 Posts

Yes--the one on top is covered but the one on the bottom is not

·
Registered
833 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Then you did it wrong. :biggrinjester:

What browser are you using? In IE or Firefox, you'll see the little ghost in the upper right hand corner area. If it's not there, then ghostery is not installed or active.
You were right. I did it wrong. I had to manually block each advertiser with the toggle switches.
My browser is Chrome.
Thank you very much, they all disappeared:thumbup:

·
Registered
43 Posts
so... nobody uses adblock huh? At first this post confused me... I was wondering at what point there were ads of any kind on the site:thumbup:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.