StromTrooper banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone tried one of the universal handlebar mount windshields on a 2002 DL 1000 ? My recently acquired fixerupper has no windshield and I dont want to spend a lot of money as Im already over budget on it ( thanks to a new rotor & stator) Most of my riding is around town and less than 65MPH on non interstate roads
I added a pic of one I found

Attachments

·
Registered
2004 DL1000
150 Posts
Never used such a thing, but looks very unstable. I would opt to buy an OEM one from someone who is upgrading instead. Most likely someone on here has one or two floating around...

·
Registered
5,859 Posts
I would think that would only work if you were removing your fairing.

They are made for bikes where the headlight moves with the handlebars

·
Registered
703 Posts
It's the '04's and later that have the different windscreen. 02-04 windscreens for the SV 650 also fit. Try ebay.

·
Registered
2,086 Posts
I have the original from my 2002, if someone needs it. For the OP, Ratbikerandy is in the USA so shipping for his would be better.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Keep in mind that the windshield on early models are different than 2003 and later. The stock shield is pretty small, but I have one in decent condition that you can have if you want. I replaced it with a Givi and the later buyer did not want the stock shield.
WOW thats awesome !! How do I contact u to pay u for it ? Im kinda new to this forum stuff

·
Registered
703 Posts
Since I got the Madstad I have a couple of windshields for the 02/03's if anyone is looking. I have a cut down stock screen (it had a huge gouge in it), I have a Cee Bailey's tall, and the dark tint bubble screen for a SV650 that fit the first gen V-Stroms and looks great. They'll be cheap or free, you just pay shipping. I'm in Canada, but regularly get into NY, so that could cut down on shipping costs. PM me if interested.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Since I got the Madstad I have a couple of windshields for the 02/03's if anyone is looking. I have a cut down stock screen (it had a huge gouge in it), I have a Cee Bailey's tall, and the dark tint bubble screen for a SV650 that fit the first gen V-Stroms and looks great. They'll be cheap or free, you just pay shipping. I'm in Canada, but regularly get into NY, so that could cut down on shipping costs. PM me if interested.
PM inbound

·
Registered
10 Posts
I’d be interested also. Is there a way I can reach you?

·
Administrator
Queensland, Australia
10,398 Posts
I am about to spam wipe a guy who wanted to get in on these deals.
He joined an hour ago to post to you guys.
He's from Riga, Latvia. Luckily the system referred his post to us.
This is why we like to keep trading in the classifieds section. Be careful guys.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts