StromTrooper banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone, I ended up buying a aftermarket shift lever and realized that it wasn't the right size. Can you guys give me some suggestions and some eBay links or Amazon links to some aftermarket shift levers that would fit my 2006 DL650 ? Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I ended up buying just a offbrand shifter and should have done more research before buying , it was my bad.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Have you guys seen any shifters under 40$? Seems there are not many others made so the producers can charge much more :sad:

·
Super Moderator
4,510 Posts

·
Super Moderator
4,510 Posts
I just found this Youtube video.
However, I would thread the hole with a tap'n'die set, if you have one, and have the bolt head outside with a locknut either side of the shifter arm.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I lost the knob piece but I did drill out the hole and sand it down, I'll need to get a bigger bolt , I won't be threading it but what do you think about me using some jb weld steel epoxy in between the bolt and the shifter hole?

Attachments

·
Vendor
4,719 Posts
I suggest a round head bolt, put the nut on the back of the shifter, and a sleeve around t6eh threads. Yes the JB Weld should be strong enough for that application.

If you want I can make up an M6 x 50 mm bolt with an aluminum sleeve. You can put a lock nut on the back side and it will be good as new. No charge. Just pay postage.

Or let me know what size hole you drilled in the shifter and we can go from there.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
If you want I can make up an M6 x 50 mm bolt with an aluminum sleeve. You can put a lock nut on the back side and it will be good as new. No charge. Just pay postage.

Or let me know what size hole you drilled in the shifter and we can go from there.
that would be great, so I drilled 4mm, 5mm then 6mm for the hole. The hole in the shifter is a tiny bit bigger than 6mm, the 6mm bolt has alittle bit of play in it. How would I go about paying postage? I live in Colorado springs ,Colorado USA.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Actually a buddy of mine said I might be able to get that at a local hardware store here, he has alot of tools as well. I'll keep you updated if I can get those parts here or not. Really appreciate your generosity. God bless.
-Joshua..

·
Vendor
4,719 Posts
OK, it would be a fun little diversion for me that would take 15 minutes or less, so don't hesitate. It seems like a longer bolt than i said above is in order. The stock rubber on the shifter is 1.5" long. You can drill that hole to 17/64 ths and tap it with an M8 x 1.25 tap. The diameter of the rubber is 3/4" (19 mm). I will machine an aluminum piece to show you what I was talking about.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts