StromTrooper banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i am looking for a dealer in the Vancouver area for Sargent seats and any seat recommendations . thanks RIDE SAFE

·
Premium Member
4,451 Posts
Hi Dave, WW here in Squamish. Have a Gel seat on my bike. It really is a great seat compared to the stock 650 seat. At least for me I should say. The stock seat had me in absolute agony within 30 minutes but the gel seat is good all day. We should ride up to Whistler for coffee and we can trade seats for you to compare. If I had to go back to the stock seat the bike would be for sale. Give me a shout or something.

[email protected]

·
Registered
82 Posts
I second water's endorsement. I much prefer my Gel seat with Alaska Leather buttpad over my Corbin Dualsport. Don't even get me started on the stock seat.

·
Registered
2,557 Posts
Hmm...odd how arse's can be so different. I find the stock seat the most comfy seat of any bike I have ever owned and have spent many 12hr + days on it.

A word of warning on gel seats, they retain heat like you wouldnt believe. My pal had one on a bike and found it unbearable. The seat would very quickly heat up in the sun, and on those +30 days it just was painful.
You can of course, put a pad on it, but on the Vee/Wee, the added seat height may be just too much for us shorter folk.

Cheers!

ps: my buddy went to an Air Hawk seat pad is is pretty happy with it (Kwacker VN1600).

1 - 4 of 4 Posts