StromTrooper banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Living the Stereotype
11,544 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This may be an example of overfarkelization, but what the heck. I got some steel angle and screwed it to the back of my Fender Amplifier and stuck it onto the Caribou racks.

The amplifier is about the same dimensions as the Pelican Cases and weighs about 30 pounds. I rode to my weekly unpaid coffeeshop gig. (Tips go to a local soup kitchen).

My groupie/roadie/wife rode on her Harley Sportser.

Slight problem, when I turned on the amp, I realized the volume knob was missing. I kicked it off when mounting in the driveway. I found it when I got home later.

Attachments

·
Registered
800 Posts
That is pretty neat, and cool.:D

·
I'll be back
623 Posts
That's very funny... Now if only you could power everything up while still on the bike. Get a bassist on another wee, drummer in a side car. You could be a You tube GOD!!!!

Seriously tho' don't friggin fall. Jeeze talk about killing your two hobbies with one stone.

·
Living the Stereotype
11,544 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I try to fall to the right anyways.

That's my bad leg.

·
Living the Stereotype
11,544 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
That's a great looking mount. . . and I love the play on words.

I hope you get lots of tips.

Stan.
It's alert reader like you that give me the strength to do this.

$26.

·
Living the Stereotype
11,544 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
That's very funny... Now if only you could power everything up while still on the bike.
There are some battery-powered amps available.

Don't tempt me.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Thats cool! I have always wished that I could throw the Takamine on the scoot to go play at a friends house instead of using the cage to do so. I always invisioned strapping it to the luggage rack and against the sissy bar in a standing position on my VTX. Maybe the Vee will be a guitar transport in the future!

·
Premium Member
418 Posts
This may be an example of overfarkelization, but what the heck. I got some steel angle and screwed it to the back of my Fender Amplifier and stuck it onto the Caribou racks.
Very cool.

Slight problem, when I turned on the amp, I realized the volume knob was missing. I kicked it off when mounting in the driveway. I found it when I got home later.

You mean you don't just leave the volume set to 11? :mrgreen:

·
Living the Stereotype
11,544 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Maybe the Vee will be a guitar transport in the future!
It will.

That perch behind the seat is perfect, especially with a bungee net.

I've tried a gig bag with shoulder straps, but it was aerodynamically unsound.

·
Living the Stereotype
11,544 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I can't believe it's not a flying V guitar...
I'd have to get some glitter-encrusted platform boots to go with it.

·
Registered
321 Posts
Choice....I used to haul my Adamas around on the Goldwing. One time put a wig and helmet on it. But amp....that is interesting. Let's see....will my Bose L1 go on here. Hmmmthe base could mount on one luggage rack, the two tubes on the other, then the guitar on back....I would be set.

·
Living the Stereotype
11,544 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Quotations, on Main Street in Brevard, NC.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Ahhh I was thinking you went to Black Bear or something. I miss Hendo a bit, its getting up to around 20 where I'm at and theres still ice all over the place. I can't wait to ride up here!

·
Living the Stereotype
11,544 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Let's see....will my Bose L1 go on here. Hmmmthe base could mount on one luggage rack, the two tubes on the other, then the guitar on back....I would be set.
If you've got a Bose L1, I'll figure out a way to fit it onto my bike.

·
Living the Stereotype
11,544 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
Ahhh I was thinking you went to Black Bear or something. I miss Hendo a bit, its getting up to around 20 where I'm at and theres still ice all over the place. I can't wait to ride up here!
My son was just up there to snowboard with a buddy.

He had a great time.

I don't think the Black Bear has music.

Let me know next time you make it down here.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts