StromTrooper banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
14,163 Posts
Involves wiring. I got after market turn indicators that have a 6 watt running light. Good idea but I've never gotten around to the wiring involved.
If you have the gumption, go for it!

·
Registered
76 Posts
Got very similar ones outta China on ebay, no lights in them though. 16.99 free shipping. Same shape, they say they're for a Ducati monster. They bolted right on to my extenders and are a huge improvement over the emgo round ones that came on the bike. They are not convex but are big enough for it not to matter. Took about 3 1/2 weeks to get to Canada. Would buy again and probably will for a spare set just in case.

·
Registered
707 Posts
I bought some RAM mount mirrors a few years ago and I love them. Of course they aren't pretty because they have a very utilitarian look to them, but they work great.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Those are my next mirrors if anything happens. They look like they would have a bit more distortion than the OE......is that the case? How's the field of vision compared to OE?

·
Registered
707 Posts
derj: I presume you're asking about the RAM mirrors that I mentioned; I don't see much distortion but they do vibrate just enough to make that type of fine distinction very difficutl at speed. I like that they can be adjusted almost infinitely to accomodate my preference and I really like that they are substantially higher than the stock mirrors. I don't notice any loss of field of view but I do move around a lot on my bike while riding and I can see over my forearms very easily as well as behind and to the sides of me by moving my torso or upper body. I replaced by stock mirrors because the black rubber boot at the base was cracking during the first year of ownership and I didn't feel like waiting for them to fail before replacement. I tried some bar-end mirrors and really liked the view they afforded but didn't like the extra width that I felt that I'd added to my size, so I went with the RAM mirrors. I'd like to say that they are so good that I'll never look back, but that'd be too corny...hahahaha.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts