StromTrooper banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
172 Posts
If you use adjustable risers like the Rox risers, then you should be able to use different bars without the guards contacting the fairing. Without the risers, I'd be concerned. The stock bars have a lot of pullback (which I personally dislike, in case you cared).

·
Registered
148 Posts
Barkbusters with Pro Taper ATV high bars

Have put these on my 03 DL1K. The guys at "Barkbusters Aust" sent me the following information which was a great help to get things to fit as can be seen they advise different kits and no bar ends. No worries about vibration as the bars sop out a fair of it bit due to their thickness. Also if running heated grips you'll have to turn them up, as aluminium doesn't seem to hold the heat as the original steel fellows. One of my better mods after my Strom went to sleep, those original bars are made of some of that magic flexi steel stuff.
Farmer

VStrom with alloy handlebar set up

What you need
1 x Pro Taper SE handlebar - Model ATV High. 32”(813mm)W x 6.3” (160mm) H x 3.94” Pull Back.
1 x Transalp handguard kit BHG18
1 x B27 bar end kit

What to do

Do not use the bar end weights in the Transalp kit, use the B27 kit to mount the handguards to the end of the handlebars.

Fit handguard as per images below and instructions that are supplied with the Transalp handguard kit BHG18.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts