StromTrooper banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have just added accessory wires to the battery posts. Anyone used the black fuse block . Is there anything cheaper, perhaps BluSea, than the one from Japan?

·
Registered
11,528 Posts
I have the EB PC-8 but have used all of the six switched circuits. I am looking to drop in the Blue Sea 12 maybe and to reuse the EB relay/harness for $40 as I have read a few have done. The Blue Sea 12 is a bit bigger but it fits in the 1000. It has outstanding reviews as well as the EB and Denali. It supports 30A per circuit. I think motorcycles are the main use from the reviews. 3.32"W x 5.2"H x 1.52"D

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B001P6FTHC?ref=emc_b_5_i

https://powerwerx.com/blue-sea-5029-12-circuit-fuse-block?gclid=Cj0KEQiA7K7CBRCrwt26v5uHs98BEiQA0JzsZwP30LIiSCSed4a66GvgT56lCqLXh21onRq8ax5YLzMaAtz08P8HAQ

I looked at:
Blue Sea 12 ($40 no harness)
Centech ($50 no harness)
Fuzeblock ($90 no harness)
Denali ($129 w/ harness)
Eastern Beaver CP-8($65 no harness - $108 w/ harness)

·
Registered
5,026 Posts
You could try something like this, from O'Reilly Auto Parts (I'm sure Advance, Autozone, etc have the same type parts):

BWD FB90 - Fuse Block | O'Reilly Auto Parts

I can't tell the amp rating on the block from the website, but it probably says so somewhere on the package. It's made for automobiles, so I imagine it's fine for bikes. Not as convenient as the Eastern Beaver PC8 (which is what I have), but it is cheaper. However, unless you want it to always be hot, you're going to have to make a relay for it. Amazon has automotive relays and relay sockets for as low as about 5 dollars each....maybe lower, I didn't do a lot of searching.

Centech makes a fuse panel for about $56.00, available from Amazon.

https://www.amazon.com/Centech-AP-2-Dual-Fuse-Panel/dp/B003H2486K

I've read reviews in the past about the Centech that complained that the fuses were loose in their holders, but that may have been corrected; the current reviews seem favorable.

·
Registered
172 Posts
I used the Blue Sea 5025, I think I paid $27, it's too large to fit under the rear side covers, but it fits in the tray under the seat just fine. For me, the six circuits is plenty. Just add a relay, some wire, connectors and your ready to go.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I don't understand the need for a relay. My aftermarket led lights have a relay and I also have the heated grips which I think have a relay inline. My power outlet for heated gear goes directly to the battery. What does the relay do?

·
Registered
305 Posts

·
Registered
11,528 Posts
I think I will make all 12 circuits switched on the relay. I have a direct Battery Tender jr power cord that I can use for the tire air compressor I carry. I power everything (except the Sena on my helmet) and most devices I have are very low current like two phones and two cameras (front/rear). The Garmin Zumo GPS doesn't use much or the Cobra radar detector (under beak). The two sets of LEDs (Denali DR1s and MondoMotos on crash bars) draw a little more but that is eight devices right there. I am using two double port USB power sources. One front and one rear besides the 12V outlet. No heated things. I have AdMore LED lighting in the Givi V47 but it adapts into the tail light wiring directly. There are three add-on relays. I guess I like gadgets. You should have seen the instrument cluster on my little homebuilt light sport airplane. :surprise:

·
Registered
103 Posts
Like OydnaR I recommend Susquehanna, their selection is good, customer service too.

·
Administrator
17,395 Posts
Eastern Beaver quality plus plug and play, is very much worth the coin IMHO.

·
Registered
5,026 Posts
Eastern Beaver quality plus plug and play, is very much worth the coin IMHO.
I felt the same way.

I knew I could have put a fusebox together using auto parts store components, but by the time I would have finished buying a fusebox, relay, wires, connector, etc, I was well on the way to the cost of the Eastern Beaver PC8. With the plug and play convenience and compact size, it's a tough unit to beat.

Attachments

1 - 14 of 14 Posts