StromTrooper banner

1 - 20 of 811 Posts

·
Registered
449 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I hope some are available soon cuz this stock can is frikkin HUGE and WAY too quiet for my taste. Can't wait for something smaller and a little louder.

·
Administrator
17,543 Posts
Arrow, Scorpion and Yoshimura already have units out I believe, and that is not a big exhaust can at all........go look at a Kawasaki Concours 14 bazooka. :fineprint:

·
Banned
1,121 Posts
I hope some are available soon cuz this stock can is frikkin HUGE and WAY too quiet for my taste. Can't wait for something smaller and a little louder.
Agree, that pipe will have to go. Not just because it is so big, but to give the big-twin some personality :mrgreen:

Pipes announced so far:

Scorpion Exhaust Release SERKET PARALLEL Exhaust for V-Strom 1000 2014 Model | A Pair of Stroms

ARROW Releases Exhaust for new V-Strom 1000 | A Pair of Stroms

REMUS EXHAUST SHOWS THEIR NEW OKAMI EXHAUST FOR V-STROM 1000 2014 | A Pair of Stroms

Yoshi have teased us with a pipe, but as yet no official release:

Reactions: OldnInTheWoods

·
Registered
449 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Arrow, Scorpion and Yoshimura already have units out I believe, and that is not a big exhaust can at all........go look at a Kawasaki Concours 14 bazooka. :fineprint:
Had one. Traded it for the V2. But it had a nice pipe on it when I bought t thankfully.

·
Registered
449 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Agree, that pipe will have to go. Not just because it is so big, but to give the big-twin some personality :mrgreen:

Pipes announced so far:

Scorpion Exhaust Release SERKET PARALLEL Exhaust for V-Strom 1000 2014 Model | A Pair of Stroms

ARROW Releases Exhaust for new V-Strom 1000 | A Pair of Stroms

REMUS EXHAUST SHOWS THEIR NEW OKAMI EXHAUST FOR V-STROM 1000 2014 | A Pair of Stroms

Yoshi have teased us with a pipe, but as yet no official release:

When they say "announced" I'm guessing it does not mean "available"

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
That Yosh would be my choice. Hope they do something soon.:thumbup:

·
Registered
2,466 Posts
I want to see a Akrapovic full system. But not the price! :yikes:

·
Registered
449 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I sent Remus USA an email and they said their exhaust should
Be available in the US in June.

·
Registered
209 Posts
A pair of those looked good on my 'Busa, but it looks crap on the Vstrom. Best I've seen so far is the Akraprovic available for the BMW GS. I reckon that style of can suits the Vstrom well.

·
Banned
1,121 Posts
A pair of those looked good on my 'Busa, but it looks crap on the Vstrom. Best I've seen so far is the Akraprovic available for the BMW GS. I reckon that style of can suits the Vstrom well.
Couldn't agree with you more :thumbup::thumbup:

I really hope that is the style of pipe that Akrapovic go for with the new 1000.

If it looks like this then I will be very happy :mrgreen:

·
Registered
449 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I guess I don't see what is so different from one can to another. I think they pretty much all look the same. I don't like the twin opening in the Akro personally. I though the Yosh looked just fine, anything is an improvement on the stock suitcase.

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
I'm with Jake. Plus all the 'busy' stuff on the Acro probably bumps the price up.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Muffler Position

The thing that bothers me the most about the stock exhaust "suitcase" is the limitation it is making on installing saddlebags. None of the larger soft stuff, like the Cortech bags, will fit because the muffler extends too high. I hope someone makes a can that will be angled a little lower so that we can get soft saddle bags to fit. I know they have the sport bike bags but they don't hold much.

·
Registered
449 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
The thing that bothers me the most about the stock exhaust "suitcase" is the limitation it is making on installing saddlebags. None of the larger soft stuff, like the Cortech bags, will fit because the muffler extends too high. I hope someone makes a can that will be angled a little lower so that we can get soft saddle bags to fit. I know they have the sport bike bags but they don't hold much.
I think the top of the can is going to be the same on all pipes because that is the mounting point. So rack will be needed for soft luggage.

1 - 20 of 811 Posts