Looking forward to feedback
Mike

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,104 Posts

·
Registered
707 Posts
I've been wanting a pair of these myself. Been watching them for a while now but I just can't bring myself to pull the trigger... :beatnik:

·
Registered
231 Posts
had them for twelve months fit is good on my 02 had to move the throttle hand guard forward a tad by making an off set bush and enlarged the hole in the hand guard,and cut out switch needed altering to work..but still all good for the price

·
Registered
238 Posts
I've got a pair and love em. I had them on my R6 too. I had Pazzo's on my TLR, which were certainly nicer than the china knock offs, but were over 4 times the price.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
They just arrive

Less than a week from china to Australia. Not bad at all.

will post photos of installation and more.

They look awesome !!!. I did't get them for the blink (I have barkbusters) But MAN !!! they DO !

:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

·
Registered
41 Posts
I bought a set of ebay levers for my track bike and liked them so much (for the price) that I got a second set for my Wee. Both sides fit precise but the clutch side took a little washer modding to fit the OEM handguard due to where I like my lever set. Then I realized how much cooler it is (airflow-wise) to ride without handguards in Florida and took them off anyway. I will buy a set for my next bike, too, and probably the one after that.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Ride it

I bought a set of ebay levers for my track bike and liked them so much (for the price) that I got a second set for my Wee. Both sides fit precise but the clutch side took a little washer modding to fit the OEM handguard due to where I like my lever set. Then I realized how much cooler it is (airflow-wise) to ride without handguards in Florida and took them off anyway. I will buy a set for my next bike, too, and probably the one after that.
Got to say the levers are actually ride it

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Levers are awsone !!!!

Such a difference, especially been able to clutch and brake with 2 fingers. Improve your control standing up too.

I strongly recommend them

:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
UPDATE

Is been a month with them and love them a lot, the clutch switch for the ignition doesn't work so now I can start the bike just with my right hand and use the other hand to scratch my .... head while firing up the bike.

I always found a bit annoying having to clutch the bike to start it specially when I can see the neutral light on

:hurray::hurray::hurray:

They are a bit sharp though if you are not wearing gloves. But now I clutch with 2 fingers and brake with one AMAZING.

·
38,104 Posts
Bypassing the clutch switch can cause idling problems in K7 and later Wees. My lever didn't activate the clutch switch on the #1 setting but it works on all the others.

·
Registered
353 Posts
help with bum wrist?

This really has me intrigued as becasue of past accident with smashed left wrist I have discomfort and anything that I can do to reduce the stress on clutching would be good. I expect I would get the longer lever but am wondering if the lever actually reduces the force needed as seems to be hinted above. Since the lever is just as long I would expect similar unless that angle to pivot has something to do with that.

Do these make it easier pull on the clutch lever? Be interesting to hear experiences if that is so.

I'd hope that I could still set it up to actuate the clutch switch (per GW concern and in general) and hope they could fit under my Suzuki hand guards (don't mind a little washer tweaking for that). I've also noted that my levers get very hot in sun (under thin cover and guards) and so I'd proably want the plain silver.

I found this lever
Brake Clutch Levers SV650 SV650S DL650 Katana 600 750 | eBay

·
38,104 Posts
My clutch lever works the switch in all positions but #1. To clear the OEM hand guard, I put the adjuster on the bottom, ground some material off the opposite side nut, ground the inside of the guard a little and added a washer to raise the top a bit. The new lever makes the clutch pull a little easier.

·
Registered
3,993 Posts
Do these make it easier pull on the clutch lever? Be interesting to hear experiences if that is so.

I'd hope that I could still set it up to actuate the clutch switch (per GW concern and in general) and hope they could fit under my Suzuki hand guards (don't mind a little washer tweaking for that). I've also noted that my levers get very hot in sun (under thin cover and guards) and so I'd proably want the plain silver.
I had no problem with the clutch switch, well other than that mine was already dying (100,000k's +) and this pushed it over the edge - a new replacement was fine on all settings.

It doesn't have easier pull as such, but it brings the lever more parallel with the bars so the reach across all your fingers is more consistent as you pull the lever in. If you have hand problems that MIGHT make it a lot easier. I suspect with a wrist injury it should help a lot.

I pushed a spoon under my guard and hit the top with a heat gun. The result is a bit ugly, but it worked better than washers.
Even if you flip the adjuster upside down there's enough friction on the guard plastics to loose some feel in the clutch otherwise.

Pete

·
Registered
180 Posts
I started another post with pics of my install before I saw this one. The main reason I went with these levers (aside from how cool they look) was to get the clutch lever closer. I don't have small hands, but that clutch seemed pretty far away. I was able to adjust the clutch lever to be much closer, and therefore much easier to use. After a few rides I am REALLY happy with them. I keep the stock clutch lever under the seat as a back-up just in case.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts