StromTrooper banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
642 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Back in June I convinced my boss to ride his 2013 DR650 to work one day that week and go do a dirt loop with me and @Karlos after work. He agreed, so we planned a ride around Wiskeytown Lake, here in NorCal. The route looked vaguely like this:

It was hot, and we had a slight "incident" (that I thankfully captured on my helmet cam), but we had a ball, and, well, shenanigans! :)

I finally got around to putting the video together, and then tried my "hand" at narrating it rather than just putting text "pop ups" throughout the video. It's up on youtube, here:

·
Registered
185 Posts
Nice video, I enjoy videos like this, wife just looks at me and shakes her head. NoCal looks beautiful and since I am fascinated by large infrastructure, the dams and hydro powerplant were of interest to me. Your video also gave me a feel for the power advantage of the glee vs the wee. No wee regerts here, but the difference was clear.
You could do voice overs for instructional videos, good clear enunciation.

·
Registered
642 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Nice video, I enjoy videos like this, wife just looks at me and shakes her head. NoCal looks beautiful and since I am fascinated by large infrastructure, the dams and hydro powerplant were of interest to me. Your video also gave me a feel for the power advantage of the glee vs the wee. No wee regerts here, but the difference was clear.
You could do voice overs for instructional videos, good clear enunciation.
Well, my wife just looks at me and shakes her head too, so I guess we're in the same boat! :) NorCal is pretty spectacular, for sure, and we have some really cool critical infrastructure all within a short ride from where I live, so that's pretty cool too! I came from a 136hp sport touring bike (CBR1100XX, blackbird), so the vee is pretty anemic compared to that! However, for the riding I do and the way I ride, I really like the ability to lug it in 2nd gear and just kind of chug around the dirt. For the twisties, I normally run a gear lower and up above 5k rpm simply so I have some decent engine braking and don't have to use my brakes much. It runs suprisingly smooth up there, and it absolutely defies the laws of physics when cornering; it's almost as fast as my Blackbird in corners, and that thing had $1400 worth of suspension work done to it!

I am actively working on getting voiceover gigs, so I appreciate the comments about my narration! Writing a script turns out to be harder than I imagined; which is why it took over a month to finally post this video. Sheesh; I'd much rather just read somebody else's script! :)

Reactions: gristle

·
Registered
642 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Was this ride after the fire?
Wow...I can't believe I totally forgot to mention the fire! Yeah; the Carr Fire ravaged this area almost 2 years ago. The marina and all the surrounding area you see in the background at the 6:49 mark were completely devastated 2 years ago. Look at it now; coming back to life!

·
Administrator
5,718 Posts
Great video. Your boss needs to get out more, or has he said "never again with you hoons". :)

·
Registered
642 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
@Brockie, are you stalking us??

Just before we started on the dirt, he told us that he had done virtually no dirt riding in his life, so he'd be going slow. :)

Oh, and about 3 years ago he went on a lunchtime ride with us...on his 900lb Harley full dress. After that ride he said "I'm not riding with you hoons again!"

You get 2 points for your prophetic gifting.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
65 Posts
Guess that makes me Karl. Nice editing Bill! Maybe others will hire you to voice-over their rides.

This video really demonstrates the diversity of these bikes. Couple of old gen ones going strong. And a few old dudes throwing down some serious style. :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts