Strom Trooper banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
H

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Stromers, I had my 05 1K in the shop for the change to the new 06 ECM. The surging is fixed, but there is still an occasional miss in the bike under the 3K rpm range. That tells me that Suzuki still needs to do some research and development and the mapping so it will be correct. Anyone still have the miss at a steady throttle?..

·
Super Moderator
16,730 Posts
HondaNXXL said:
Hey Stromers, I had my 05 1K in the shop for the change to the new 06 ECM. The surging is fixed, but there is still an occasional miss in the bike under the 3K rpm range. That tells me that Suzuki still needs to do some research and development and the mapping so it will be correct. Anyone still have the miss at a steady throttle?..
Don't be so quick to blame the computer for that. Unless you are sure that everything else is adjusted correctly, and depending on your mileage, you can still have a few "minor" issues. BMW motorcycles are well known for FI glitches, and they pay "double" what we pay for their bikes. If your miss is only "occasional", my guess is that it will completely go away eventually. I read about so many bikes in the moto mags, that have FI issues at first. Once you work through them, its all good. FI still isn't perfected on bikes like it is in cars....don't really know why? Bikes seem to be MUCH more affected by running lean than cars. Everyone should go to a closed loop FI system like Buell. :roll:

·
Registered
47 Posts
I agree that a closed loop system is best, but the words "like Buell" sort of make my stomach turn. :wink: A closed loop system would do a better job of compensating for a K&N or pipe, hopefully making a Power Commander optional for those who only want to make minor modifications. As an auto technician just getting back into riding, I am just amazed at the lack of oxygen or air/fuel ratio sensors. Cars had O2 sensors when they still had (feedback) carburetors!

·
Registered
316 Posts
Re: I still have the miss at around 3k to 3.5k

jshade said:
How did you get them to replace with the 06 ECM. Can you provide the numbers and letters from the side of the unit.
Suzuki has replaced two on my '06 DL1000. My bike has the same problem - surging if held at a constant 3000 rpm. The first replacement made it worse, and the rear throttle body was blown out of it's boot - I put the stock ECU back in, and it still had the surging, but not the backfiring through the throttle bodies. The second ECU looked better at first, but it also blew the throttle body out on a ride.

At this point we are waiting for the Suzuki Service Rep to visit the dealer this Thursday to look at the bike - I'm not very happy right now!

Here are the ECU numbers...

Stock ECU
06G70
MGT080
F8T96274

1st Replacement ECU
06G61
MGT079
F8T96273

2nd Replacement ECU
06G71
MGT080
F8T96274

Take care,
Bob S.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I also had the hesitation and miss that everyone is talking about,had the bike for about 1 month,had about 2500 km on it at time.after much fighting with service dept and threatning legal action they ordered me a new ecm,swapped ecm's with dealer and installed it myself being that snow was still on the ground.About 1 month later took the bike for a early spring ride only to find out it was running worse than ever,drove it directly to the dealer,3 days later had that ecm swapped out for another one,must say it runs better but runs really rich at idle especially when cold,not sure what to do about this.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts