StromTrooper banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am currently on the hunt for a set of hard side bags, the Suzuki bags seem a bit overpriced. Is there anything out there for around 5-600$ that anyone feels comfortable endorsing? Thanks for the help.

·
Premium Member
4,451 Posts
Wish I would have sprung for anything but Shad cases and hardware. Any potential savings was obliterated by shoddy quality, non-reflective reflectors, water leaks(more than one set)and total frustration with the whole drama over a period of six months. I opted not to buy Givi because of the cost but now I am kicking myself. This fixed income thing makes one try to economize at the wrong time.

·
Registered
387 Posts
Night_Wolf said:
If you like the industrial lQQk may I suggest Pelican cases mounted on Caribou Racks. I have the GIVI E360's as side cases myself and only wish I had purchased the E460 instead
I've got a set of pelicans on the way now from Caribou. A bit part of my descision was that I was VERY impressed by the speed and quality of service I got when I needed to ask questions.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Caribou's look nice.

Thanks for all the replies thus far! I looked at the Caribou's, like the look, still a bit out of my current price range @ $695, but I guess I'll be happier if I save for a few more months and buy the right set. So if anyone can think of other options before then I'd appreciate it as well. Thanks again.

·
Premium Member
1,187 Posts
Re: Caribou's look nice.

$695.00 is cheaper than anything else available and IMO the Pelican cases are sweet

GIANT said:
Thanks for all the replies thus far! I looked at the Caribou's, like the look, still a bit out of my current price range @ $695, but I guess I'll be happier if I save for a few more months and buy the right set. So if anyone can think of other options before then I'd appreciate it as well. Thanks again.

·
Premium Member
1,187 Posts
I have a friend with a 500gs and when I went lQQking for luggage the supply was short and slim. Found a top rack out of Germany (couldn't get it locally so I had a friend in Germany send it to me) Knowing the luggage wouldn't arrive in time, I suggested the pelican cases to my friend. Bolted a case to the top rack on her bike and she is very happy. I want her to order the Krauser side racks and to mount a set of cases to that too 8)

RockyMtnRoadRash said:
I've got a set of pelicans on the way now from Caribou. A bit part of my descision was that I was VERY impressed by the speed and quality of service I got when I needed to ask questions.

·
Registered
123 Posts
I have a Givi E45 top case on order, and hope to complement it with a pair of E36's when my budget allows. They look good, and should give me more cargo volume than my Accord.

·
Registered
187 Posts
I'm very happy with my Pelican side cases mounted on SW motech racks. Do a search and I have pictures on here somewhere. Total cost for two top loading pelicans and the racks plus stainless hardware was right around $300.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts