StromTrooper banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do you need to do any adjustments to the fuel system when you install a complete after market exhaust or are they just install and ride it away?

·
Registered
168 Posts
A power commander will give you the best tuning for an after market exhaust. The 1000 striom benefits well from the commander and full system exhaust....but the Wee will not gain any power from doing this. The wee, however, will have a much better sound and will weigh less losing the stock exhaust

·
Registered
6,663 Posts
OP opine

The VEE 1000 is jetted almost too lean for anything. IMHO you would have problems even under normal running and not make any more power without modifying fuel delivery.

There is I believe almost an over rich stock fuel map at full throttle that compensates for the super lean below, not enough though.

Because of the necessity to tweak it then a power commander, tre, K&N would complete the package. I would start with the others and do the pipe last

·
Registered
5 Posts
After market exhaust

I have an 08 1000 and put Two Brothers M5 Titaniums on my bike. No PC no other changes. Runs great sounds even better. Definatly add the P1X power tips or the pipes are way too loud. The only thing I found is run only Regular gas, mid grade makes it hic up and die (did that with the stock pipes too). So far 6K miles and still running perfect.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts