StromTrooper banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
774 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Seems funny to me that back in Minnesota I didn't need electric gear to stay warm and in mild Washington State it is needed. No winter bike hibernation actually leads to more cold-weather riding here. Interesting, eh?

Well, after researching all the electric gear I nabbed the Aerostich Warmbib. True to 'stiches style it is a simple and great product. It is small, heats the body well and packs up nice and small to store on the bike. A big bonus is that it only pulls 30 watts of juice. 'Stich currently has a 20 percent off promotion going through the end of January. Check it out.

The full review is posted at http://BestScenicRoutes.com.

·
Registered
45 Posts
I just got a Bib along with a pair of Gerbing insoles, they both work real good, makes a big difference, I'm using a Gerbings Dual heat controller with both, it works fine.

·
Registered
774 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That seems like a great winter combo, Dixie. I'm currently without heat at the hands and it is certainly noticeable. Have thought about heated grips, but I keep hearing good things about the Hippohands. I'm leaning that way despite their ugly duckling looks as they are a great low-tech solution.

After going with the Warmbib, I have a new found respect for electric gear. It's like being under the electric blanket on the couch.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts