Strom Trooper banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
859 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A few friends and I went to the Aerostich's open house in West Duluth last weekend. I did not realize they are the last manufacture of riding outerwear that is manufactured in the U.S.A. There closest competitor IMHO is Klim who charges more for their product and is manufactured overseas. I have no affiliation with this business other than an affinity for supporting U.S. made product when I can. The V-strom of course is an exception:mrgreen:. What I was really impressed with is the employment longevity they have. Some tailors have been with the company since the beginning. Very impressive business with a very high end product. I have purchased almost all my riding gear from them and have been grateful for the service. I just thought it is worth plugging them in the forum since many already wear their product and some are trying to figure out what to buy. Check out their website, they offer many touring accessories. BTW, they are adding a lounge area for guest to hang out, drink coffee and exaggerate personal prowess with bikes...

·
Registered
14,018 Posts
I went to the traveling road show in Calif last week or so. Nice they reach out to the buying public. Tried on a Falstaff jacket. Super comfy but some folks poo-pooed it's waterproofing.
I crashed and destroyed a near new Darien set and am still using the original Raodcrafter suit. I did get a used, like new, Blue, Darien jacket on line. Really like the way it works...especially with the fuzzy liner.

·
Registered
859 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I went to the traveling road show in Calif last week or so. Nice they reach out to the buying public. Tried on a Falstaff jacket. Super comfy but some folks poo-pooed it's waterproofing.
I crashed and destroyed a near new Darien set and am still using the original Raodcrafter suit. I did get a used, like new, Blue, Darien jacket on line. Really like the way it works...especially with the fuzzy liner.
I know Aerostich has been doing "popup" stores like last spring in San Francisco and also in Washington state as well as locations on the eastcoast. They were sizing/fitting people for some of their different lines, which was useful. When I bought I did go in to be fitted but what I have found is calling a tech with personal measurements (use sizing tool they have online) most have been very happy with the result. Funny you mention the Falstaff. A friend of mine layed his BMW down and came off wearing his Falstaff (which is basically a Darien cut using Waxed canvas) and Darien pants. He cracked the shoulder pad on impact and slide 20 ft. Walked away a little sore but otherwise intact. As far as waterproofing I can't attest to that. I have used a Waxed canvas Duluth Pac hiking pack and find it water repellent or resistant. They do have a great retro look though which appeals to my friend riding a R75RT.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts