StromTrooper banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Doing a little crosspost for all the Strommers. :argue:

"CroMag 2010 has a date and it is September 23-26, 2010. Please, mark your calendars. Same place, Silver Lake State Park Barnard, VT."

Full details :fineprint:

I will be arriving mid afternoon on Friday, already been contacted by 1 other Strommer from WV.

Hope to see some of you there. :thumbup:

·
Registered
2,809 Posts
Doing a little crosspost for all the Strommers. :argue:

"CroMag 2010 has a date and it is September 23-26, 2010. Please, mark your calendars. Same place, Silver Lake State Park Barnard, VT."

Full details :fineprint:

I will be arriving mid afternoon on Friday, already been contacted by 1 other Strommer from WV.

Hope to see some of you there. :thumbup:
My bike will be parked down by the fire on Fri. and Sat nights with a sidecase full of beer so come over and get one.

·
Registered
333 Posts
I'm all signed up.
Planning on leaving that Friday afternoon leaving from boston area, with potentially one more Strom.
chris in norwood

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Does anyone know what this weekend consists of as far as riding on sat? the link wasnt too clear on that info.

Thanks
The way I understand it; You pretty much find a group or volunteer to lead a group. Either all day or part of a day.

I haven't defined my own ride plans yet but I plan on trying to hit all the notches and gaps I can. Smuggler's Notch :thumbup: and the Appalachian Gap :yikes: are high on my list.

Glenn (mossyrocks on ADV)

·
Registered
573 Posts
Hope to make it.

My bike will be parked down by the fire on Fri. and Sat nights with a sidecase full of beer so come over and get one.
It's been awhile since I drank one of Tom's beer. I'll have to try and make this one. I've heard about these events for years, but never been able to get to one. Maybe this year.

It's been too long since I've ridden with you guys!

·
Registered
62 Posts
I've never been to one of these. Camped up near Barre last year in September, and the weather was perfect. I plan on being there Thursday-Sunday. I will bring some cigars and Scotch! :thumbup:

·
Registered
2,809 Posts
It's been awhile since I drank one of Tom's beer. I'll have to try and make this one. I've heard about these events for years, but never been able to get to one. Maybe this year.

It's been too long since I've ridden with you guys!
Hey Rob, hope you make it! There will be a few cold ones with your name on 'em.

I've never been to one of these. Camped up near Barre last year in September, and the weather was perfect. I plan on being there Thursday-Sunday. I will bring some cigars and Scotch! :thumbup:
A/B, if you get there thurs. you might be able to secure a leanto. Hope to see you for a cigar!

·
What Kinda Bike Is That?
5,520 Posts
Then, there are those of us who arrive, inflate other rider's tires for them, then leave............with no cold beer.

B.

·
Premium Member
526 Posts
Then, there are those of us who arrive, inflate other rider's tires for them, then leave............with no cold beer.

B.
Altogether now...Awwwwwwwww!

Someone had to say it :devil_16:

:mrgreen:

·
What Kinda Bike Is That?
5,520 Posts
Altogether now...Awwwwwwwww!

Someone had to say it :devil_16:

:mrgreen:
hmmmm, I asked for that, didn't I?

You got me.

And, to be fair, I asked for it in reality too. I wasn't sure that I could make last year's gathering. It was a last minute decision for me; a "dash-in-and-dash-out" ride.

My arrival to the camground was late when most people were packing up and some had already left. I arrived, and introduced myself to another Stromtrooper member, (Baiku). As we were talking to each other, I noticed a fellow struggling with a flat, rear tire at his campsite. I had all of my gear on board, so I figured it was the least I could do to get the rider back up and riding again. I did that. Said "goodbye" and took off for a ride through Northern Vermont, across New Hampshire and back to Maine.

Attached is a photo of the guy I helped.

I'm not saying that I can make this year's gathering, but Tom, could you keep a "cold one" set aside, just in case?

B.L.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
4,198 Posts
I'm signed up. Went in 08, missed last year.

Mr. Ray and Baiku are also signed up, as is ADKBeemer (now riding a V-Strom).

·
Registered
1,944 Posts
I'm in!

I'll be arriving around 5:00 pm Friday myself :hurray: . will be good to get to put faces to some of the names we see on the forum :thumbup:....

·
Premium Member
4,198 Posts
I'll be arriving around 5:00 pm Friday myself :hurray: . will be good to get to put faces to some of the names we see on the forum :thumbup:....
Don't count on that: some of us are cosmetically challenged.

But farkles? There, you're good...

·
What Kinda Bike Is That?
5,520 Posts
Don't count on that: some of us are cosmetically challenged.

But farkles? There, you're good...
My bike is beautiful. I am ugly.

You will have no trouble recognizing either one of us.

We are both, "one-of-a-kind".

"Beauty and the Beast"

·
Registered
333 Posts
Couple of us will be leaving from Boston on Fri. afternoon.
We usually meet at the Service Area at 128/Rt.2 in Lexington.
We'll be there about 1pm if anyone wants to ride along.
Later,
Chris

·
Premium Member
8,025 Posts
Couple of us will be leaving from Boston on Fri. afternoon.
We usually meet at the Service Area at 128/Rt.2 in Lexington.
We'll be there about 1pm if anyone wants to ride along.
Later,
Chris
I ought to, but dunno if I can clear the slate.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Ill be there with Frostypuck - look out for the silver Strom with the Scotland sticker on front ;)

looking forward to meeting you all
cheers
Andy

1 - 20 of 40 Posts