StromTrooper banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am a new rider and very much interested with the V-Strom 650. I need some advise:( I am a newbie and this is going to be my first bike if ever I buy it next week. Questions would this be a good first bike I have not riden a bike for almost 10 yrs but a couple of months ago I tested a Yamaha Fz6 and got my interest in riding a motorcyle once again. I do like the V-strom due to its dual functionality and would like to ride it to work and use it on weekend trips. At this point I need your suggestions mainly because most of you are expierienced riders than I am. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated..

·
Registered
316 Posts
Compared To What? said:
Just get out there and ride it!
Right after you take a MSF class :D

Seriously, if you've been out of riding for 10 years, take a class - you'll learn a lot. As to the Strom, I think it's a great choice - it will do anything you want it to do. (within reason)

Take care,
Bob S.

·
Administrator
16,593 Posts
StromDude said:
I am a new rider and very much interested with the V-Strom 650. I need some advise:( I am a newbie and this is going to be my first bike if ever I buy it next week. Questions would this be a good first bike I have not riden a bike for almost 10 yrs but a couple of months ago I tested a Yamaha Fz6 and got my interest in riding a motorcyle once again. I do like the V-strom due to its dual functionality and would like to ride it to work and use it on weekend trips. At this point I need your suggestions mainly because most of you are expierienced riders than I am. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated..
You'll probably get some "anti newbie Strom for first bike" responses too! I am all for ya gettin it...Good luck! :wink:

·
Premium Member
4,406 Posts
I sold my FZ6 to buy my 1000 Strom. I'm very happy with it but the FZ6 was a whole lot easier to manoeuver when just "footing it" around. My wife and I are riding to Western Canada this summer and the FZ6 would not have worked for us. I love the Strom but I doubt I would own it at this point in time if I wasn't doing the long, 2-up ride. I'd likely still have my FZ6.

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
To Fellow Strom Troopers

I am proud to say that I took delivery of a brand new red wee-stroom other than getting used to the bike I think I did pretty good with the prize out the door $6300.00 flat tax, title and tags. I know most you are kinda trying make me buy other bikes as my first bike but for the type of riding I want to do I really think that i choose the right bike for what I a wanna do I am simply not a sport bike kinda guy I just wanna be able to load stuff up my bike and enjoy the places I wanna go to its simple as that. Anyway I know that it will take me months to really fully appreciate my wee-strom but hey thats part of the deal maybe in about six months or so I will be able to ride with one of you guys. Anyway, its been a pleasure and thanks for all your advise. Now its time to start my own adventure........................

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
To Fellow Strom Troopers

I am proud to say that I took delivery of a brand new red wee-stroom other than getting used to the bike I think I did pretty good with the prize out the door $6300.00 flat tax, title and tags. I know most you are kinda trying make me buy other bikes as my first bike but for the type of riding I want to do I really think that i choose the right bike for what I a wanna do I am simply not a sport bike kinda guy I just wanna be able to load stuff up my bike and enjoy the places I wanna go to its simple as that. Anyway I know that it will take me months to really fully appreciate my wee-strom but hey thats part of the deal maybe in about six months or so I will be able to ride with one of you guys. Anyway, its been a pleasure and thanks for all your advise. Now its time to start my own adventure........................

·
Premium Member
4,451 Posts
StromDude

Congrats on the Wee. You will be happy with your choice. Give yourself a couple thousand miles to really bond with the Wee. The 650 is a jewel of an engine that you won't outgrow for a long time. Ride On, Ride Safe.

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
You Guys are Great

:D Well its going to be a great freakin summer I got the bike I want and I will be taking the MSF On 9th of June what a great way to spend the summer learning to master my new bike and meeting good people along the way hardwork+bike+pavement+dirt+adventure=Great Memories..

1 - 12 of 12 Posts