StromTrooper banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2,258 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thinking of doing a trip up north and back down the coast in late July to early August this year.

Wollongong NSW to Wollongong NSW - Google Maps

Am wondering about road conditions after the big floods and whether any south moving water may block my path. Is ther any dirt/sand on this route ?

Dont get excited tho, I'll be going with Missus Chops in our Subaru Forester
Over night at Bourke and Charleville then 2/3 nights in Longreach, across to Rocky, down to Bundy with 1 night each then a week at Surfers.

Is there anyone along the track who wants to catch up over a coffee?

Any info much appreciated.
Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
515 Posts
When you reach the Goldy mate give us a call, we'll set up a cuppa with a few of the local Strommers.

Pete.

·
Registered
4,328 Posts
I will tag along on my bike Don.

You can carry all my gear in your car :fineprint:
:thumbup:
:green_lol:

·
Registered
2,258 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I like your style Chops, a recon mission for the 2012 corner run :thumbup::mrgreen:
Nothing like a good look around :yesnod:

When you reach the Goldy mate give us a call, we'll set up a cuppa with a few of the local Strommers.

Pete.
Will be that for sure :thumbup:

I will tag along on my bike Don.

You can carry all my gear in your car :fineprint:
:green_lol:
After Mrs Chops finishes loading up, I'll be lucky to fit my stuff :jawdrop:

·
Registered
808 Posts
Road trip?

You are headed way in land from where I travel, but this weekend I still came across one closed road with some damaged bridges, very rare though. They had a detour in place. At river crossings you still see plenty of debris and crap but that's OK. I think you will be fine.

When you contact Oneoff on your arrival at the coast I will catch up as well (Pete will let me know the date), it will be good to hear about that area you are travelling through on the way up.

Enjoy the drive - Trevor

·
Registered
2,258 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks Mustang, will be good to meet up over a cuppa

·
Registered
40 Posts
Capricorn HWY Emerald to Rockhampton is all good. Just roadworks here and there slowing down traffic. Feel free to catch up if you are stopping in Emerald (if it was me I would drive straight through nothing to see here :bom_smartass: )
Let me know anyway.

·
Registered
2,258 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Any idea what date you'll be on the Goldy yet Chops?
Arrive 2nd aug and leave on 8th, looking to catch up for a drink of some sort. We are staying at Broardbeach

·
Registered
608 Posts
Met V-chops up Mt Tamborine on Saturday morning for a buffett breakfast and get-together with a few Gold Coast Strom riders.

Peter (OneOff), Trev (Mustang), Don from BNE, Howard and a few wives were there. Tx for organising the brunch, Pete. Nice to meet you, Don & Marg(?).

Just as I took this wonderful group photo (attached), Don stood up in front of the camera.

Not really. I was curious about his t-shirt.

"Via propatula vocat" is Latin for "the open road is calling".

Looks like these first went on sale back in '08. 30 page thread HERE.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,258 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks Steve,
t was good to faces to names and over a 2+ hr brunch was a good way to share stories and get (re) aquainted, what a great spot. Didn't think of taking any pics till after some had left, doh!
Thanks for the translation on shirt and it's Marg.
Well done Oneoff :thumbup:

·
Registered
515 Posts
Hey Chops, you're back !

Good to see you again and to meet Marg.
A good spread they put on there, great venue and perfect weather, no wonder we stayed for two hours.
We're thinking of making it a regular thing, you're welcome to join us of course but the commute might be a bit much.

Can't believe no-one thought to take a snap for this thread. :headbang:

Anyway, see you in Bingara.
Pete.

·
Registered
515 Posts
That'd be Neville. nice fella. One of natures gentlemen.

Slack of me, but I never got around to writing and thanking him for his hospitality.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts