StromTrooper banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone come up with an interesting solution.. I was thinking neopream with some type of double side sticky stuff

The stuff sold by A V cycle is almost $100.00

Thoughts

Cheers

Gary

·
Registered
360 Posts
I use these large (6x8 inch) cell phone sticky gel dashboard pads that I found on Amazon for around $ 8 each. They stick right onto the tank, cause no damage to the paint and adhere firmly to the tank.

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
I used the Snakeskin by Tech Spec.
I think it was around $80 delivered to my door.
They are awesome and can be taken off and reapplied.

·
Premium Member
8,025 Posts
Why the F do you need knee grip pads? -- just squeeze them, man! :biggrinjester:

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
Most cycle shops have Knee grip pads that come in different colors and textures. They even had clear so the color of your bike showed through.
When I was looking I think they were $14 a set

·
Registered
351 Posts
Maybe 10 years ago a friend turned me onto 3M window sign vinyl. Its static cling application and the same stuff the preformed kits are cut from.

I've used it on a couple of track day bikes where speeds over 150 mph are routine. Lap after lap, it stays put and protects. Downside is you have to cut to fit. Do not run with the scissors ;>)

You may find a local sign printing shop willing to sell you some off his roll. My friend bought his from amazon or ebay. The matt black fuel tank on my 650 is vulnerable and scarred. I may take my own advice someday.

If you feel your Strom needs improved knee grip (I do not), Stomp Grip is pretty hard to beat. Should look weird enough on a Strom too.

·
Registered
173 Posts
I use 3 (one on either side of the tank and then a rectangular one at the tank/seat junction) and have already replaced one. Keep the backing for use as a template, and you are golden for a long time at that price. Glad to be of limited assistance...

1 - 16 of 16 Posts