StromTrooper banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had no problem with the gear shift side but I'm having a bit of a struggle with the brake lever side. I thought I'd followed the correct sequence for jam nuts, coupling nut, yoke, etc but the brake light spring extension (paper-clip looking thing) is nowhere near taut/under tension. Something's just not quite right.

Pictures of what my installation looks like are below. I've seen some pictures where there is no jam nut between the coupling nut and the yoke but it read to me like there's supposed to be one.

I can probably thread the coupling nut further up the rod but that would leave very little of the set screw threaded into the bottom of the coupling nut. The way I have it now has maybe 3/16 inch of the set screw threaded into the coupling nut.

Anyone have any suggestions on what I'm overlooking?

Thanks.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I don't have nut between coupling bolt and the yoke and it works just fine.
I removed this extra jam nut between the coupling nut and the yoke and it now lines up properly. Thanks for the tip.

I was looking at these instructions: Footpeg and Control Lowering Instructions - AdventureTech, LLC.

I could swear step 10 was telling me to put the jam nut between the coupling nut and yoke but maybe not. Or maybe it is but my bike is a bit different/off.

At least it's good to go now.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I used the jam nut just as the directions stated
East peasy
But mine is a dl650
Agreed, I had no jam nut questions/issues when I installed this lowering kit on my 2012 DL650. And I may have been able to make it work on my DL1000A too but I don't have the patience I used to for mucking about. My body has only so much tolerance now for rolling around on the garage floor.

Regardless, it's all good now. It's an excellent product from AdventureTech (as usual!) and I'm glad to have the extra leg room.

Hopefully soon will be top case lights, GPS mount, center stand, TPMS. I don't have any of these yet but they will be on my Christmas wish list. And really, top case lights and TPMS are critical safety items, I'm just being irresponsible if I don't have those sooner, no?. And no GPS? I could accidentally venture into unsafe territory and not be able to find my way out. That's the type of unneeded risky behavior my better half hates! And how can I fix a flat tire when I'm stranded in the middle of nowhere with no center stand? I can't put her through that stress. :grin2:

·
Registered
74 Posts
Always thinking of his wife... what a guy. I think maybe she wants you to get a new helmet and boots also. She is a gem!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts