StromTrooper banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Vendor
4,912 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

By request we started making above the dash mounts for GPS and now of course smart phones and have versions for all V-Stroms 2004 and newer.

These mounts are designed to support the Ram Mount family of products and comes with a 1" Ram "B" ball. You add a short Ram arm and a cradle for your device.

Unlike handlebar mounts and tank bags, our mount places your GPS device or smart phone in an ideal location, just below your normal line of sight. This allows for a quick check while leaving the road and other vehicles within your field of vision.

Like most of our products, it was priced at half the cost of a similar commercial offering.

More information and reviews can be found here Rick's GPS Above the Dash GPS Mount

and orders can be made through our website Over the Dash GPS Mounts - AdventureTech, LLC.

·
Registered
3,045 Posts
I noticed on another thread you mentioned you are now a dealer for ram products. Are you able to source the X-Grip and arm as well or do you just sell the balls?

·
Vendor
4,912 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes we can source the arms and the X-grip. I have an X-grip sitting here in front of me now, but we it will take a few days to get them in stock. I'll order some tomorrow and post when they arrive. Shouldn't be more than a week to get them in stock.

·
Registered
3,045 Posts
I got mine installed today, was very easy! It took me an hour or so but I was taking my time and trying to sort out a new windshield at the same. Wound up just going back to the stock windshield, the new one I bought was to tall.

Anyways, the product is FANTASTIC. Very well made and incredibly sturdy. I was surprised by how thick the metal was, it will outlast the bike lol

Gloria was also fantastic to deal with, I live in Canada and had it brought across the border via my employers warehouse. This meant that I had all sorts of crazy requirements for Gloria and she did everyone of them!

Thanks for the great support guys! Tomorrow morning I am going to tackle the fork brace and mirror extenders. I got a new higher seat and now I think I may not have needed the pet lowering kit. I am going to ride with just the seat for a bit and see how it feels before changing it.

·
Registered
3,045 Posts
Forgot to add a couple of pictures!

The second picture is taken from my Samsung Galaxy S3 while mounted to the X-Grip. This will allow me to take photos/videos from my phone. I will have to try and adjust it a bit to raise the phone up. I probably should have bought the 2" mount to clear it, I found one that was an 1.5" which works fine for everything but the camera lol. Cheaper alternative to a Go Pro and lets you have a GPS, video recorder and phone all in one!

Attachments

·
Registered
3,045 Posts
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X1hs5qQqoSo

video taken with a Galaxy S3, X-Grip and Richland Rick's above dash GPS mount. Wish I had of went with a longer arm to get a better picture but I mainly bought this for use as a GPS with the co-pilot app and for that it is PERFECT.

Anyways thought I would share the video to show another possible use :)

·
Registered
3,045 Posts
Actually it wasn't that bad matt! We had a brutal winter so this snow will take a while to melt!

Rick I'm sure they would haha. I am going to stick with this one though I won't record much video just nice to be able too!

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Vendor
4,912 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Brian,

The above dash GPS mount has been used with the GIVI Airflow AF3101 windscreen by several owners. The bottom portion of the airflow mounts just like any other Wee2 windscreen and the top is not a factor with the above dash mounts. The above dash shelf should function exactly the same.

By the way, I plan to use a Givi airflow on my Vee2 as soon as the screen becomes available.

Rick

·
Registered
4 Posts
Rick,
Thanks for the confirmation!

I also recently ordered the GIVI Airflow windscreen.....they figured I should have it by June 15th.....looking foreword to it!

·
Registered
859 Posts
Rick, real quick question. Can I still run my Madstad bracket in the lowest mounting position and clear you GPS mount or does the bracket need to be in the highest setting. I also have a Madstad 20" ADV windshield which I assume will be fine without shims. Thanks for any feedback.

·
Registered
859 Posts
Thanks Rick. I may also order one of your dash plates for my Datel voltmeter I have yet to install. Looks like you customize according to what the customer is looking for. I will see what I can figure out.

Actually just ordered the GPS mount. Not sure what I want to do with the Datel yet.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts