StromTrooper banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is Suzuki shipping the Adventure version yet? I'm in the wannabe stage w/ my current bike on the market. Haven't seen the Adventure in dealerships or advertised online yet so I was wondering if they're around yet?

·
Registered
209 Posts
I have a deposit down on the adventure model, My dealer got their first V-Strom in last week and said that the adventure model should be in any day..

·
Registered
159 Posts
Deposit on the Adventure Model since October 2013. :fineprint:

Last discussion regarding Adventure availability with Dealer said April/May 2014. :jawdrop:

It's now April!!:headbang:

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanx

Thank you!

·
Registered
50 Posts
Adventure Bags?

The bags on the adventure model don't make sense. They are way too small for "adventure" riding or for just touring for that matter. What else does the adventure model have besides a larger windshield and engine guards that would make it worth !2 or !3 hundred more. Buy the standard model and put what you want on it for cheaper. Mainly, the bags don't make sense.

·
Registered
449 Posts
The bags on the adventure model don't make sense. They are way too small for "adventure" riding or for just touring for that matter. What else does the adventure model have besides a larger windshield and engine guards that would make it worth !2 or !3 hundred more. Buy the standard model and put what you want on it for cheaper. Mainly, the bags don't make sense.
My thoughts exactly

·
Registered
159 Posts
I chose the Adventure model for several reasons:
1) Black is my favorite color for a motorcycle
2) I like the size of the bags for my use & how the bike looks w/o them
3) I like the other stuff they include the with the ADV Model
4) My dealer is only charging me $1,000 more for the ADV. Model

As of Friday, my dealer is still saying "end of April/ first of May.

·
Registered
600 Posts
I chose the Adventure model for several reasons:
1) Black is my favorite color for a motorcycle
2) I like the size of the bags for my use & how the bike looks w/o them
3) I like the other stuff they include the with the ADV Model
4) My dealer is only charging me $1,000 more for the ADV. Model

As of Friday, my dealer is still saying "end of April/ first of May.
I was originally going to only consider the SE version but changed my mind as I like top loader better...
But, if the SE package works for YOU, that is the way to go.
IMHO, this integrated package IS a pretty good deal at a grand.
I am going out today for a look as a local dealer has one of each in stock.
Who knows...I may change my mind AGAIN!:jawdrop::biggrinjester:

·
Registered
209 Posts
Can you post pics of the adventure model when you go to the dealer, particularly the sidebags, i thought I read somewhere the left side was 30 litres and the right side was 27 litres...

·
Registered
18 Posts
My info indicated that the left bag was 29L and the the right was 25L. I can verify that the frickin’ things are TINY!! My suggestion would be to wait until aftermarket bags are available if you’re not in a rush.

Also, in terms of the ADV or ‘SE’ model, here in Canada, Suzuki sends the base model bike to the dealers and has the dealer add the extra accessories to make it an ‘SE’ after the fact. Don’t know if that’s the case in the U.S.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Just took delivery of the adventure model today from Woods Cycle country in New Braunfels TX. They took $1k off MSRP and gave me a good deal on my trade, my trusty '12V-Strom. Drove it straight up the interstate from New Braunfels to Austin TX, very smooth, ,wanted to go faster then the 4k rpm limit (70mph). Was varying the speed. Think I will like this bike very much!

·
Registered
159 Posts
Mine was shipped on the 24th. Dealer texted me the VIN. It's a very nice VIN :yesnod: !! Supposed to be here the week of the 28th.

The 2012 DL650 already has a very happy new owner. Dealer is going to let me show it as a trade to save sales tax. :fineprint:

Waiting :headbang:, with deposit, since October 2013, seems to be about over!! :hurray:

·
Registered
159 Posts
Congratulations jmackd1 !!

May you enjoy many, many adventurous miles with your new ride!! :thumbup:

·
Registered
211 Posts
I bought the Adventure version ov the '12 DL650. I regretted it later. I hated the Trax panniers. The locks had to be lubed with powedered graphite, which was messy. The tip over bars that were on it were junk and they broke from vibration in about 4000 miles.

I really like the new DL1000. If I get one, I will get my accessories from the aftermarket. I had a set of Happy Trails panniers on my '09 model, and they were great. I checked HT's website today, and I see no mention of the '14 model yet.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts