StromTrooper banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Denali DM lights on an Adventure Tech mounting bracket. I wanted to avoid mounting the lights on the crash bars or fork tubes.

·
Premium Member
845 Posts
Looks Great.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Light bar as Rick mentioned is a 5 min install. I did have to get the tank off to wire the lights though.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Looks great. May I ask, why the Denali lights vs. the ones Adventuretech sells?
Are they both spot lights or is one a floodlight? Why are they yellow, what’s the benefit.

On the topic of the Adventure Tech light bar and aftermarket accessories... I’ve read on Ricks site that this requires a slight relocation of the OEM horn and the hardware is provided.
I was thinking of getting Adventuretechs light bar and likely their lights, but I also want to mount a Denali Sound bomb horn. Can this be easily done?

No need for the OEM horn at that point.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I had the Denali DMs on my old bike. I like the small size and build quality. The Adventure Tech lights look perfectly fine, I'm just partial to the Denalis.

On the US spec 650, the horn is behind the radiator, not up front where the light bar mounts. The horn relocation is only needed on the 1000.

·
Registered
85 Posts
On the US spec 650, the horn is behind the radiator, not up front where the light bar mounts. The horn relocation is only needed on the 1000.
Glad you didn’t need to relocate your horn.
That being said, do you think you’d be able to mount a sound bomb to the adventuretech bracket? Perhaps with the additional sound bomb adapter bracket from Twisted Throttle.
I’m assume Rick knows if it can happen. I’ll ask him, if he doesn’t reply.

I really do like the mounting location of your setup.
Again, what’s up with the yellow? Are they always on, full time driving lights?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for the compliment. I chose yellow for visibility. The lights are switched but I do keep them on as DRL. I live in San Francisco. It’s really dense and there are a lot of cars. We also get fog.

·
Registered
85 Posts
If you already had Denali DM lights, why not their light bar vs. Adventuretech. I think it's basically the same price.
Any reason. Is one better than the other?
I think I just answered my own question.. The 650 bracketby Denali (Twisted Throttle) doesn't mount in the location you wanted.

·
Vendor
5,244 Posts
According to the manufacturers all air horns need to be located out of the wind to maintain reliability. The are known to quietly fail and not be available for use when laced in a direct air flow. Check the manufacturer's warnings.

Magnetic horns are reliable as anvils and some are within a decibel or two of the air horns and much easier to mount. I believe Big B has some and can discus them. (Might be wrong, I haven't had my second cup of coffee yet).

1 - 11 of 11 Posts