StromTrooper banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For all you adventure riders.

Scanning some slides from a western ride in 1973, and I came across this. Chuck and his bike in Oregon. We rode and camped together for a couple of days. He and his wife had ridden to 47 states already on a Honda 450. Quit his job one day looked at his wife and said let's go. Now that's what I call adventure.

·
What Kinda Bike Is That?
5,520 Posts
I love the hammer strapped to the pack of his bike! Great smile too. Happy man.

·
What Kinda Bike Is That?
5,520 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Reminds Me of Something...

1970's time frame, a Honda and a BMW in the photo, and a trip out west. Kinda reminds me of the book "Zen and The Art of Motorcycle Maintanence".

·
Premium Member
2,909 Posts
???

what bdo you suppose the red 'X' on the tranny signifies?
I would guess....to keep from rubbing the polished finish off the case????

I like the "underslung mirrors" on the "highway bars". Life was simple back then, gas was cheap (well, cheaper than today), and haircuts were few and far between!!!! Long live the '70's........now, pass me that bottle of Boonesfarm.

·
Registered
818 Posts
I would guess....to keep from rubbing the polished finish off the case????

I like the "underslung mirrors" on the "highway bars". Life was simple back then, gas was cheap (well, cheaper than today), and haircuts were few and far between!!!! Long live the '70's........now, pass me that bottle of Boonesfarm.
Make that mirroR and please tell me that is not his "wife" sitting on the log behind him!

·
Registered
480 Posts
Honda 450 - my first bike. I still think that is the prettiest motor Honda ever built for the public. Put 25k on mine the first year.

·
Registered
2,496 Posts
Great picture! Had to be a real man there, those things handled like crap!

·
Registered
203 Posts
For all you adventure riders.

Does anybody else think those front forks look like they've been extended a couple of inches? And the handlebars ... definitely not stock. --Brent

·
Registered
2,496 Posts
Does anybody else think those front forks look like they've been extended a couple of inches? And the handlebars ... definitely not stock. --Brent
No doubt about it.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Love the sissy bar! I suspect following a truck in a strong wind would have been...interesting....

But it's awfully clean, don't you think?

I guess he wasn't into fire trails on those tyres. Understandably:mrgreen:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts