StromTrooper banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know where I can find replacements for the long peg feelers on the Adventure?

One of mine broke and everytime I've orderd what is said to be OEM replacements I receive short ones (probably the ones for the non Adventure model.)

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,048 Posts
If you have a long peg, it must have come with the center stand. I've never seen a parts list for an OEM center stand.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If you have a long peg, it must have come with the center stand. I've never seen a parts list for an OEM center stand.
Nope no center stand. In the Motorcycle Consumer News review they mention the long peg feelers being in place on the Adventure due to the reduced lean clearance of the side boxes.

·
38,048 Posts
That's news to me. Put a Richland Rick peg lowering kit on and that will get the peg ends lower. :mrgreen: There are no alternate pegs listed in the parts fiche.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'll be sure to grab a pic of the remaining feeler next time I ride. It's at least double if not triple the length of a normal one.

Anyone else with an Adventure have the freakishly long feelers?

·
Registered
536 Posts

D,
I don't have a need for mine. I removed them soon after purchasing the bike.

Send me a PM with your mailing address and I'll pop them in USPS flat rate envelope. I'd be happy if you got cost of shipping, which shouldn't be more than 4 or 5 dollars.

·
Premium Member
152 Posts
My ADV footpegs are 1.25" long... converts to 32mm. Freakishly long... not sure about that, but they do look a little odd. An alternate maybe to find a bolt at your preferred legnth to thread into the footpeg. Not sure I like having them on there, but I'm sure there is a reason behind them being standard issue.

DSR650

·
Premium Member
1,929 Posts
I have the OEM center stand and the replacement feeler that came with it was the same length as the stock ones on my Adventure so I have an extra. You can have it if you want it. I doubt if mine will ever have to be replaced as they never touch the road.

·
Registered
184 Posts
took mine off as soon as she came home. I wil mail them to you no charge. PM me with your address.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Had 'em

I'll be sure to grab a pic of the remaining feeler next time I ride. It's at least double if not triple the length of a normal one.

My ADV had a short one on one side and a long one on the other. Also came with spares in a bag of goodies I received with the bike. Took 'em both off. I NEVER lean that far and SOMEHOW my pant leg was getting caught on 'em. Now it's so much faster what with the reduced weight and wind resistance.:mrgreen:

·
Premium Member
152 Posts
Looking at the pics thread, yes it appears may ADV did come with freakishly long feelers. Mine are coming off for sure. I don't need 'em for my boring commutes and they look like some sort of idiot device, like curb feelers on a Buick. If I were to straffe the bike, it will be sans Bags.

DSR650.

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
mine came with the long ones too. my center stand also came with one long, but it is the same lenght as stock.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Since I'm new to this I was worried that by not having it in place I was losing my early warning device that I was getting close to the side cases.......

But from some of the comments it sounds like it would be a very extreme lean angle before anything would touch.

·
Registered
240 Posts
My Adventure came w/ two standard short feelers. The Suzuki center stand came with one long feeler and the instructions stated to install is in place of the stock (short) left feeler since the clearance on the center stand foot lever is less than w/out it.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Anyone still have a spare longer peg feeler (bank sensor bolt)? I need one for my Wee that has been worn down considerably. Now my centerstand drags occasionally. I can't find a replacement but I suspect the Adventure version will fit.

Anybody got one they don't want?
Thanks,

·
Registered
37 Posts
This thread got me thinking. If I get an OEM centerstand, do I need to install the longer peg feeler? I've got Richland Ricks peg lowering brackets.

·
Registered
118 Posts
I'm off to Home Depot to buy a bolt to replace the extended feeler bolt. Less trouble, way less money. Wish me luck,

·
38,048 Posts
Try a bolt and a bushing. Unless I'm sadly mistaken, there's no way you'll find a metric bolt with a shoulder that long at Home Depot. Cutting a piece of tubing to the correct length may be your best bet to keep the bolt exposure to the correct length.

·
Registered
184 Posts
I took my pegs off for SW Motech, you can have mine free. Send a PM. Glad to help a Stromer.:hurray:

1 - 20 of 25 Posts