StromTrooper banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi folks,

If anyone is interested in a little off-pavement adventure next weekend (June 5 and 6), I could use some two-wheeled support for an event I'm organizing. It's a 24 hour adventure race in the Uwharrie National Forest. It runs overnight from Fri at 8pm to Sat at 8pm. To be specific, we need a few people who can be runners (riders) between some of our manned checkpoints and race HQ, ferrying information, maybe some food, etc. This will involve travel on gravel forest roads, a few paved roads, and possibly even some of the Badin OHV trails in the area (I'll buy your pass).

What would you get? A chance to ride around with something of a purpose in a pretty scenic area, a free meal or two, free camping, and a chance to hang out with some pretty laid back racers. We've got a band, catered meal and post-race party planned, at a group camp that has hot showers. You can learn more about the race at http://ipar09.wordpress.com/ or you can PM me and I'll be happy to answer any questions you have.

Thanks!

Don

·
Living the Stereotype
11,543 Posts
That sounds like fun.

I wish I could do it, but I have become ensnared in a giant sticky web of unpleasant personal commitments.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Adventure opportunity

Hey Adv-family. I just PM'ed ya.

Fletch

1 - 6 of 6 Posts