StromTrooper banner

Adventure luggage sloppy fit

1K views 8 replies 5 participants last post by  pats 
#1 ·
I noticed that the empty bags have a lot of slop,"looseness" after they are attached and empty. Perhaps when weighted it would not be bad but seems like they would shake in the mounts if used empty and over time loosen more. Anyone found a way to get a tight fitment?

#2 ·
You can tighten up the play a little bit by loosening the bolts at the foot pegs mounting points and pulling up slightly on one end. This will angle up the rubber stop a bit and tighten up the mounting. The down side to this is that the bags are a little more finiky to get off if you want to remove them.

#4 ·
Mine are tight. Look for ways to adjust the lower mount or any other way to take out some slop.

#5 ·
OK thanks too cold tomorrow so will try it. Today when looking at that rubber stop I did find that they are factory glued. Metal to rubber and now there is no mechanical fastening left the glue is shot. so if you ride without the luggage you might want to pull the rubber off and put them in a safe place.

#8 ·
E6000 is my favorite.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.