StromTrooper banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i am now the owner of a 2004 DL1000. looking into ways of shaving weight from the bike and i see claims of 12 - 15 pound weight savings when installing aftermarket slip-ons. sounds good, but maybe comes at too high a price unless there is also an asssociated power gain. has anybody done head to head dyno runs with OEM vs aftermarket exhausts? i would be very interested in seeing what the differences are and where they are in the powerband. i have read only posts that address the seat-of-pants opinion.... informative, but not generally accurate( don't louder pipes always 'feel' quicker?). anyways, if maybe someone could post up dyno charts, or point me to some that are on display, i'd be most greatful.

·
Administrator
16,969 Posts
Never done a dyno...don't care to either. The weight savings, beautiful sound and better looks, is good enough for me. I know that my bike is more responsive and revs quicker, I am very satisfied!!! :)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Quick question regarding aftermarket pipes,The price listed in most of these online sites for slipons,Are these prices listed per pair?Or individually :shock:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts