StromTrooper banner

1 - 20 of 81 Posts

·
Registered
4,072 Posts
KLR footpegs fit DL's. KLR riders are even cheaper than DL riders therefore ....

I used $15 eBay KLR footpegs for over five years. Pivot pegs now which I appreciate on the long hauls on seal more than I do offroad but they are expensive.

Luck
Pete

·
Registered
91 Posts
+1 on Pete W's ebay klr pegs. Did the same. Have been happy with them
My feet used to slip a bit on the stock rubber pegs when riding in bad weather. These are also wider.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
258 Posts
I just installed a set of these and can't recommend them. While they look the part, they are typical Chinese junk.

There is a bushing that gets inserted through the spring that the retaining pin passes through (retaining pin through bushing, bushing through spring). One of the bushings fit. They other, not even close. I had to bore-out the peg to fit the bushing. Once I got the bushing in the peg, the retaining pin wouldn't fit into the bushing, so I had to bore that out too. It's installed but it's beat to hell and it doesn't spring-back when deflected because the bushing is too tight to the pin.

Also, two of the small Allen screws that retain the toothed side pieces stripped way too easily.

Pass.

Tipsy

Reactions: Vhawg

·
Registered
615 Posts
I just installed a set of these and can't recommend them. While they look the part, they are typical Chinese junk.

There is a bushing that gets inserted through the spring that the retaining pin passes through (retaining pin through bushing, bushing through spring). One of the bushings fit. They other, not even close. I had to bore-out the peg to fit the bushing. Once I got the bushing in the peg, the retaining pin wouldn't fit into the bushing, so I had to bore that out too. It's installed but it's beat to hell and it doesn't spring-back when deflected because the bushing is too tight to the pin.

Also, two of the small Allen screws that retain the toothed side pieces stripped way too easily.

Pass.

Tipsy
No shit? I'm on my second set, first on my 650 now my 1000. Never had a problem with either :confused:

·
Registered
615 Posts

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I agree about the SW ones (I have them on my CB500x, but that was a snap purchase because I did not have time to research other options as I was riding the ID Backroads tour in a weeks time), but they are 2x my budget and I have more time to shop around this time.

·
Registered
383 Posts
If I were going to be spending a lot of time standing on the pegs, I would not want to put my faith in Chinesium alloy. Seems like an unpleasant situation to have one of those snap off.

·
Premium Member
4,218 Posts
The only option for those is Kawasaki, so they may not have fit anyways. You saved the return shipping costs. ;)

They look good though.

Wow they better be higher quality at that price ($140cnd with shipping)!

So after hours of research I settled on the Tusk billet adv version, for $65US plus $12US hipping:

https://www.rockymountainatvmc.com/p/1070/-/1120404/Tusk-Billet-Race-Foot-Pegs-With-Springs

But as luck would have it they are back ordered until ~May.....

So it's back to the drawing board.......

1 - 20 of 81 Posts